Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 1:36:21 AM EDT
SM GUNs in Eugene is closing it's doors on Nov 1st. I was told that September 12th will be start the of their liquidation sale. FYI
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the information! Do they have a decent selection of AR parts? Been in once but wasn't really looking for that stuff yet.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Good, worst shop I've ever been in.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they do.. Not huge but have a bunch of stuff. They have probably the largest reloading components in town, powders, dies, bullets, Dillon parts etc.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
To bad. I know some of the guys in there came across as pricks, and Marv could be a real prick at times, but they really could be nice guys when you got to know them. I have run into Marv several times outside of the store at NRA dinners and OHA dinners and he was always a gentleman. He was always a sucker for little kids that were in the store.

But damn, when he got grumpy and cranky it rubbed off on everyone in the store. Some of the guys were going to try to buy the store but he had a ton of worthless inventory for today's market. Mostly pieces from his trap shooting collection from 30 years +.

ETA the more gun shops the better. The public needs the exposure. The less brick and mortar stores, the more archaic our rights/hobbies become.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To bad. I know some of the guys in there came across as pricks, and Marv could be a real prick at times, but they really could be nice guys when you got to know them. I have run into Marv several times outside of the store at NRA dinners and OHA dinners and he was always a gentleman. He was always a sucker for little kids that were in the store.

But damn, when he got grumpy and cranky it rubbed off on everyone in the store. Some of the guys were going to try to buy the store but he had a ton of worthless inventory for today's market. Mostly pieces from his trap shooting collection from 30 years +.

ETA the more gun shops the better. The public needs the exposure. The less brick and mortar stores, the more archaic our rights/hobbies become.
View Quote

i agree with you in every aspect. It's one of the better shops in town. I'm really sad to see it go.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Their Google reviews tell you everything you need to know about the place. I've worked in customer service jobs for years and if the owner of S&M can't seem to wrap his head around treating his customers with respect then he doesn't deserve to be in business, period.  What he's selling is completely irrelevant.

A huge component of the customer having a positive experience is good service, I'm surprised they made it this far.

Go to Oak Grove or Gunpro and give your money to someone who deserves it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i agree with you in every aspect. It's one of the better shops in town. I'm really sad to see it go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cannot speak to the man outside the gun shop, but inside SM, Starvin' Marvin was an asshole. Not all the time, sometimes he was patient and polite...but I saw it enough to know the guy had an attitude.

I have lived my entire life of 41 years no more than 5 miles from SM Gunshop. It is the first gunshop I went into as a child, and I was just in there last week. I am kinda sad to see it go, but am not surprised. The place sucked. Out of respect for the dying SM Gunshop, I will not go into detail, but in all the years, and at least 100-150 visits, all I ever bought was a box of .380, and a browning buckmark. Plenty of times I went in there to buy something, cash in hand, but got completely turned off by asshattery.

Thank God for online vendors, and Oak Grove Guns. Now, if only Oak Grove would put out a little more inventory. Their shop is too small.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I am surprised they didn't shut down years ago. Just wasn't a place I enjoyed going to.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
The problem with oak grove for me is the strong stench of neck beard and disregard for basic gun safety.

I have been in a few times and watched them literally take a sight picture on someone's back while looking through an optic or checking out some night sights. The guys are nice enough and the prices are fair, but I don't like being a backstop. I know it happens in a lot of gunshops, and maybe it's because I noticed it the first time I went in, but I try to stay out of there!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I stopped going in there right before Obummer got elected. You can guess how that conversation went.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The problem with oak grove for me is the strong stench of neck beard and disregard for basic gun safety.

I have been in a few times and watched them literally take a sight picture on someone's back while looking through an optic or checking out some night sights. The guys are nice enough and the prices are fair, but I don't like being a backstop. I know it happens in a lot of gunshops, and maybe it's because I noticed it the first time I went in, but I try to stay out of there!
View Quote

Can't argue with that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah I am surprised they didn't shut down years ago. Just wasn't a place I enjoyed going to.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
liquidation started today at SM GUN SHOP FYI! Lots of good deals so far. The only hard part was the massive amount of people in there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I was hoping to find a recoil pad for my Walmart Remlin 1895. No dice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was hoping to find a recoil pad for my Walmart Remlin 1895. No dice.
View Quote

Was there much for reloading components?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:38:20 AM EDT
[#17]
reloading components are plentiful..Dies, conversion kits, almost every powder that you can think of pistol to rifle, thousands of primers .....bullets. I was in there today and it seems like most people have been after optics, guns, and ammo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Went today..lots of powder but prices were meh.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
..... have been after optics, guns, and ammo.
View Quote

They haven't had shit for optics inventory for 3 months.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:54:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's meh
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What's meh
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's meh

Mediocre. Even on sale prices were in line with Cabelas.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#22]
They got my money today

4 inch Tac Sol Buckmark barrel- $105
Timney 10/22 trigger group        $135
1895 XS sights.                          $54
Fusion 45-70                              $25(2)
Ranger 00 lo recoil 25 rd box.    $10(7)

More than I wanted to spend, but this is Walmart clearance pricing for a gun shop!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#23]
2 new Chip McCormick 1911 mags $13 each
2 pounds of Clay's $17 each
trijicon glock night sights $35 set..
for me today....

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
2 new Chip McCormick 1911 mags $13 each
2 pounds of Clay's $17 each
trijicon glock night sights $35 set..
for me today....

View Quote

Didn't see the trijicon Glock sights!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm gonna swing by tomorrow I think.  $35 night sights is killer
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm gonna swing by tomorrow I think.  $35 night sights is killer
View Quote

They won't be open tomorrow. Stuff is going fast.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Went in last week.  Very picked over, and the prices were more than most online retailers.  Glock mags around 25 to 35 bucks.

While I was in there, a guy came in and asked for bullets to reload for his deer rifle.  The guy couldn't remember what grain bullet he needed.  After the customer left.  The owner started talking about how stupid hunters were.

I figured I had seen enough.  So I left.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:03:04 AM EDT
[#28]
should be in center counter, the one next to where the register is located....second shelf below the pistols
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Went in yesterday, powder was 40% off.

Got a couple pounds of True Blue, two pounds 1200-R, and one pound XBR 8208 for $80 bucks. Never used any of these but I know people like the XBR and True Blue a lot.

The 1200R should give me some economical 223 loads. $60/k Berrys 55gr, $25 S&B SRP/k and powder under $20/lb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top