Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2016 12:30:00 AM EDT
Maybe you don't know Mike Strickland but he's a Portland conservative who shows up at every liberal event with a video camera. I can only recall meeting him one time but I'm sure we've been together at various political functions. He's a nice guy. This is the guy who was arrested during the BLM protest for "pulling a gun" on protestors.

This is his YouTube channel.

I've been watching these thugs throw rocks at police, beat up Trump supporters, block highways, etc and it seems that the only person arrested is the guy defending himself. Victoria Taft has a good piece on this. I'm pretty upset, let me know what you think.

Edit Booking info
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a one-way street with these MF'ers.
GD said he should have left after pulling it, I don't think that would have kept him out of the klink.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Just an FYI that Mike Strickland bailed out today.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:30:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Bail reduction? I saw he had a hearing. Hope they don't just try to hang a felony on him to shut him down.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
This is why I laugh at all the GD threads about "loadout for BLM protests." Look what happens.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the status of this?    The only thing I can find online is his next hearing was scheduled for July 29th.    Any updates?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the status of this?    The only thing I can find online is his next hearing was scheduled for July 29th.    Any updates?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Plead not guilty on Aug 5th.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/08/man_accused_of_pulling_gun_on_1.html

An attorney for Michael Strickland, the 36-year-old man accused of pulling a gun on protesters in downtown Portland last month, entered not guilty pleas on his client's behalf to a 21-count indictment Friday.

The indictment charges Strickland, of Southeast Portland, with 10 counts of unlawful use of a weapon, 10 counts of menacing and one count of disorderly conduct.

The weapons charges are Class C felonies, and the menacing charges are misdemeanors.

Each unlawful use of a weapon charge accuses Strickland of attempting to use, and possessing with intent to use a firearm against another. Each menacing charge accuses Strickland of placing another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury.

-

Trotter later said his client intends to challenge the indictment, arguing that Strickland pulled his gun in self defense after being attacked by members of the crowd.

"He was using the weapon to protect himself, and he was doing so within his rights,'' Trotter said.

Strickland's attorney argued that the case will rest on whether the Second Amendment allows his client to use his weapon to protect himself, since most of what occurred was caught on multiple videos.

"I think this case will be a litmus test for what does it mean to carry a gun in Portland, but not just in Portland, the state of Oregon,'' Trotter said. "I think it will be something the whole country needs to look at.''

Strickland was released from custody July 19, after posting 10 percent of his $250,000 bail. He's among 18 people who testified before the grand jury, according to the indictment.

His next court date is Sept. 23. The court has set Oct. 13 for a settlement conference.

The settlement conference wasn't sought by Strickland, his attorney noted.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone hear anything new? I can't find anything more recent than August. Think I may email Lars and see if he knows anything.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Anyone hear anything new? I can't find anything more recent than August. Think I may email Lars and see if he knows anything.
View Quote

I'm curious too.  Tagging for updates.

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#10]
"Members of the groups Don't Shoot Portland and Black Lives Matter were protesting the shooting deaths of two African Americans by police earlier that week in Minnesota and Louisiana."

Yeah in Minnesota and Louisiana, not in Oregon or Portland, stupid MFers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:34:30 AM EDT
[#11]

It's a disgraceful verdict. If a police officer engaged engaged a threatening crowd in the same manner and used the same defence, do you think he would be facing 21 felonies? I hope there will be a legal avenue to appeal this verdict.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]

He chose to put himself in a bad spot. It's unfortunate that the outcome seems harsh but that's not a place you go if you aren't looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's a disgraceful verdict. If a police officer engaged engaged a threatening crowd in the same manner and used the same defence, do you think he would be facing 21 felonies? I hope there will be a legal avenue to appeal this verdict.
View Quote
More to the point, if it had been a black or Gay guy at a NAZI rally, there wouldn't have been charges filed.  Politics.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
More to the point, if it had been a black or Gay guy at a NAZI rally, there wouldn't have been charges filed.  Politics.
View Quote

You're probably right.

This place is screwed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know if this has been posted before but here's a link to donate to Micheal Strickland's defence fund.

https://oregonfirearms.ejoinme.org/MyPages/DonationPage/tabid/70447/Default.aspx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top