Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2016 10:34:30 AM EDT
I'll be in Portland this weekend, and was pretty much thunderstruck to see that Oregon has no reciprocity with anyone, and non-resident permits are heavily restricted.

Is there any legal way for a Virginia resident to carry concealed in Portland?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope!
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You're going to have to hire a Samurai.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, fuck.

Quoted:
You're going to have to hire a Samurai.
View Quote

My backup plan is to carry my trusty folder, but I never dreamed I'd have to do it outside Canada or some East Coast shithole.

Y'all need to get your shit together! We've been able to largely neuter McAullife's jackassery, surely you guys should be able to make progress.

At this point, I can carry in Baltimore, but not Eugene. I'm completely caught by surprise by this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
However we do have lax knife laws.......
You could get an OTF while here.....................
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There's an idea.

I normally buy fountain pens on trips like this, and I have about $300 set aside for that purpose. I've been carrying a Kershaw Compound, which is a decent assisted-opener that I can easily manipulate with my left hand.

Any suggestions? I'm open to pretty much any brand, design, and material - as well as where to buy it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really!
You can carry any knife openly, but almost nothing concealed. The law was recently changed, in case you didn't know. I heard of a guy getting convicted for having a folding box cutter in his pocket, like a 3\4" blade. Among other verbiage in the law it says "anything" capable of causing bodily harm.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Get a fishing license- bring a fishing pole and carry it with you.  It doesn't say you have to be a resident  But I'm not a lawyer.

ORS 166.260
Persons not affected by ORS 166.250
(1)
ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) does not apply to or affect:
(b)
Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or returning from a hunting or fishing expedition.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's an idea.

I normally buy fountain pens on trips like this, and I have about $300 set aside for that purpose. I've been carrying a Kershaw Compound, which is a decent assisted-opener that I can easily manipulate with my left hand.

Any suggestions? I'm open to pretty much any brand, design, and material - as well as where to buy it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's an idea.

the benchmade factory and store is in milwalkee.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's an idea.

I have a Kershaw launch 2 which is great and they are here local but this weekend looks bad.

Address: 18600 SW Teton Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062

Phone:(503) 682-1966

Hours:

Friday 8AM–4:30PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Monday
(Memorial Day)
8AM–4:30PM
Hours might differ

Tuesday 8AM–4:30PM
Wednesday 8AM–4:30PM
Thursday 8AM–4:30PM
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not really!
You can carry any knife openly, but almost nothing concealed. The law was recently changed, in case you didn't know. I heard of a guy getting convicted for having a folding box cutter in his pocket, like a 3\4" blade. Among other verbiage in the law it says "anything" capable of causing bodily harm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really!

I didn't know, mine are always open.   Just ASS U ME ing here, but I am going to guess they didn't randomly stop someone walking down the street and check his pockets
Not a big knife guy, but I have a few OTF, Benchmade Infidel has been back about 12 times.....
But when I sent in my MicroTech OTF, they needed an FFL for them to send it back to, then sent it directly to me, TWICE

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not really!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really!

No. The Internet is full of "I heard of a guy" "I know of a guy" and "my friend said". One is best served by seeking qualified legal counsel or reading the ORS and drawing their own conclusions.

n order to save this sec­tion from constitu­tional vagueness challenge, it must be construed to require that concealed weapon be similar to one of objects enumerated in sec­tion and designed or intended for use as weapon. State v. Boswell, 88 Or App 344, 745 P2d 436 (1987)
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's an idea.

Benchmade Factory Location
300 Beavercreek Road
Oregon City, OR 97045
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

300 Beavercreek Road
Oregon City, OR 97045
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's an idea.

300 Beavercreek Road
Oregon City, OR 97045

Too late, I'm broke now. I spent all my money purchasing other things that are unavailable in Virginia.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Anything good?  
Ahhh, weed.................
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anything good?  
View Quote

We have the best brownies in the country now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:31:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything good?  

I'm enjoying those right now - first time I've had them. They're as good as people say, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm enjoying those right now - first time I've had them. They're as good as people say, that's for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything good?  

Like Pringles..............Can't eat just one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top