Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2016 4:08:56 PM EDT
New to the world of FAL's. One of the things that I have figured out is they are somewhat of a specialized beast. Can any one recommend someone like that in the metro or surrounding area? Looking to swap barrels, retime, and possibly shorten, and recrown the barrel. If they Ceracote or Duracote would be a plus. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be curious as well.

You might have luck asking on FALfiles. Folks there are extremely helpful, and I think the Oregon group is one of the more active ones.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if they are still around, but I think the boys at Earnst Armory were the go to FAL guys in the area.  But like I said, not sure if they are still around.  You can also talk to Todd down at Koonce Custom Gunworks.  He does killer work, but is usually way backed up, so expect a good wait.  But it is worth it.  He has some skills, he does.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll second Todd. He does great work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
http://ernstarmory.com/ in the heart of metro Portland.  Shoot them a call or email.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Ernst Armory always sounded like they were good guys, can't recall seeing a bad review on them. I've only dealt with them for parts, I do all my own smithing.

FAL's aren't that hard to deal with, lots of folks make it harder than it needs to be.

That being said, I've seen some FAL's that were "worked" on by professional gunsmiths ....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top