Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2016 2:57:41 AM EDT
Does anyone have some inside baseball on what is going on? When TCGC asked for comments I wrote that I didn't want the action range demolished when they don't have a current replacement. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
This is just my opinion...

From everything I have read it sounds like a giant Charlie Foxtrot.  There are legal agreements, with the county, that the TVSC seems reluctant to follow.

The county could very well lose its patience and could possibly shut the club down.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
TVSC are evidently bringing in thousands of cubic yards of fill dirt from multiple sources around the region. It is believed this is an attempt by TVSC to fill in the areas where they exceeded their mining depth. The are evidently not keeping records of the where the fill is coming from. From my past experience dealing with fill that is an excellent way to end up getting contaminate dirt dumped on your property. Once contaminated stuff gets mixed in you can have major clean up problems or the entire area can be declared off limits for use.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]
And now TVSC is sending out mailers giving their side of the story. Frankly if people are making noise complaints our response should be "why do you hate the sound of freedom?"
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I am glad I am not the only one who is wondering what the real deal is on this. Was very surprised to see the original newsletter on the issue, and more so to see the recent TVSC letter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 1:32:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I support the land owners not tcgc.

They narc'd on the club.  All those old farts have always hated practical rifle and black guns.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I support the land owners not tcgc.

They narc'd on the club.  All those old farts have always hated practical rifle and black guns.

View Quote

I wondered about this as a possibility.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The drama continues with the latest newsletter....

Should also be noted that new membership orientation classes have been canceled until further notice.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]
latest newsletter isn't promising, I haven't been keeping up on this as much as I should have and now I don't know wtf is going on.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#9]
After reading the newsletter and speaking with other long term members it doesn't appear good, for those of us that just want a place to shoot and compete.   I really wonder what the old TVSC Fudds want more, control, money, or close it down.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After reading the newsletter and speaking with other long term members it doesn't appear good, for those of us that just want a place to shoot and compete.   I really wonder what the old TVSC Fudds want more, control, money, or close it down.
View Quote

Assuming TVSC is the problem. Everything I've been fed has been pretty one sided outside of the one letter from TVSC. I'm sure money is at the heart of this somewhere.

Honestly the whole thing sounds like a shit show. Hard not to blame TVSC though with their closed door meetings and ridiculous board member selection process.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Assuming TVSC is the problem. Everything I've been fed has been pretty one sided outside of the one letter from TVSC. I'm sure money is at the heart of this somewhere.

Honestly the whole thing sounds like a shit show. Hard not to blame TVSC though with their closed door meetings and ridiculous board member selection process.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fired off an email to the BOD at TCGC asking for more info, doubt I will get anything.

Have I been blind? When did the tvsc office show up? I was there last month using the indoor range and couldn't remember seeing it before. Maybe it was the giant tvsc sign on it, but the had an open house meeting going with no one at all in there. It was kinda funny but not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top