Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2016 8:20:40 PM EDT
I know Wash & Ore. don't recgonize Texas CHL; gonna be on a three week road trip,
so can I keep my loaded 8 shot pistol in the cab?

if not, how does it have to be stored? one gun is an LC9s (7+1) and Taurus
.380 (6+1).

thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
you can carry a loaded handgun as long as it is not concealed or readily accessible but you also need to check your local regulations because they are allowed to regulate local firearms in public including your vehicle.
View Quote

A couple parts of the state have municipal laws that don't allow open carry so make sure you have the route figured.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a fishing license and a fishing rod plan on going fishing everywhere you travel. State law allows you to carry concealed when you are going fishing...

I am always going fishing so I am not sure why I got my CCP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have a fishing license and a fishing rod plan on going fishing everywhere you travel. State law allows you to carry concealed when you are going fishing...

View Quote

No kidding? Not that I doubt you (fucking laws are all fucked up) but I've lived here my whole life and never heard that.

Any chance you have a cite?

BTW - prefer a switch to spey...- too old to learn snap-T.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Read this from OFF how to carry a gun in oregon

Remember...DO NOT ASSUME YOU WILL GET ACCURATE INFORMATION FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT (as it's printed in the above link).

Good luck and welcome.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No kidding? Not that I doubt you (fucking laws are all fucked up) but I've lived here my whole life and never heard that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be referenced elsewhere too, don't remember, and I'm on my phone

ORS 166.260

Persons not affected by ORS 166.250

3/(b) Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or returning from a hunting or fishing expedition.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!

I've got my CHL, so didn't think about it, but this is interesting.

Snead
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
This is correct.

Going to or returning from fishing is ok.

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the assist gentlemen.

Snead,

After two days fishing an 8 wt spey rod this week I picked up my 8 wt switch rod for a couple hours. It felt like a toy and was a welcome reprieve.

Fish what you got!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the assist gentlemen.

Snead,

After two days fishing an 8 wt spey rod this week I picked up my 8 wt switch rod for a couple hours. It felt like a toy and was a welcome reprieve.

Fish what you got!
View Quote

Kind of kidding. I like my Spey Rod for steelhead on the North Umpqua. Too many trees back there!

But you are right - changing over to a switch rod feels really nice.

Thanks for the info about carrying/fishing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Where exactly are you going?

There are effectively two Oregons. You have the Willamette Valley which includes the liberal Portland and Eugene. Then you have everywhere else. If you are in the valley area your safest bet is unloaded and not readily accessible as there are a few municipal ordinances against open carry and I doubt the hunting and fishing exception for concealed will fly.

State law allows loaded firearms in vehicles that are transported openly. In central and eastern Oregon you won't have any trouble following state law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top