Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2016 6:41:42 PM EDT
My son in Portland has expressed a desire to own a pistol - I have plenty- What are the rules for hand guns in the area? - Will a ffl transfer be sufficient or are there other rules to be followed? - A reasonable dealer to do transfers????
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Have him get his cch. Otherwise it's easy. Curts is a solid place to do transfers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Where are you located?
If you can do a face to face, next.times you see him, that's fine as there is no "registration" and inner-family transfers don't require a background check  in Oregon.  If you're going to ship it, either pawn for more in Tigard or 99 pawn in Milwaukie.  $25? Each, call ahead for current fees.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
THANX - He lives in Tigard - We will look this up - A Range that does training? - He and wife need some basic handling weapons training -
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton is a great place to do transfers. It is the nicest, cleanest pawn shop I have ever been in. Transfers are $25. Beaver creek armory in Cornelius has an indoor range and they do training for CHL classes, I am not sure if they do any training that involves shooting (Oregon + UTAH CHL doesn't require it).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top