Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2015 12:19:38 AM EDT
So I went full manual today. I normally shoot A or S on my Nikon D3300 and I'm but a noob with a book and a class under my belt. I love the hobby so you get to:
1) enjoy the shots
2) sit in my living room while I make you look at my slide show

Mid day which sucks for photos but it was overcast...
FYI: all shots were ISO400, with aperture set by me, metered the shutter based on that...(hand held...should have used tripod based on S...but that's how we learn)

and cabbage...bitches love cabbage...

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
More great shots. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Good pics. Crazy how gravity caused water to fall upwards on one of them!
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good pics. Crazy how gravity caused water to fall upwards on one of them!
View Quote

Photobucket messes with my external rotations sometimes...should be GTG now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Bitches love cabbage.

Awesome shots man!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bitches love cabbage.

Awesome shots man!
View Quote

I shot the cabbage patch wrong...(many other errors also but....)
Heading back up the cabbage field later this week with tripod...I know there is a better shot there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Awe the Columbia River Gorge, my favorite place in the world, I grew up running around, hunting and fishing in that area, I may live in Montana now, because of the Communist governments in Washington and Oregon, but I still love the Gorge and enjoy visiting there as much as possible.

Great pictures, brings on a lot of nice memories.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it's awesome to see somebody step away from the comfort zone of Auto on their camera.  Most of the stuff I've learned over years and trial and error.

The Columbia River Gorge is my favorite place for photography. I've been SLOWLY working on a project there.

http://77falls.com

Here are a couple other shots I've taken.

Hit me up if you ever want to go shoot a waterfall together.

Abiqua Falls (not in the gorge)

Lower Oneonta Falls

Link Posted: 1/13/2016 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice shots Oregunian...
I'd take you up on the offer to go shoot...I ask those in the know questions daily and welcome the guidance.

I plan to go reshoot that "cabbage patch"...I know there is a better shot there and have been getting advice from the guys over in the photography forum.
And, since I have more cash than talent...I added a Nikon D7200 and the 18-140 lens to my stable...

Again, nice shots
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the compliment. :)

For the cabbage patch, consider shooting it on a less windy day and using a polarizing filter to knock the glare off the water.  Looks like it's also a nice area to experiment with some HDR photography.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top