Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2015 12:00:07 AM EDT
Able Company/1/505th Parachute Infantry Regiment (reenacted)

We are always looking for good guys

4-5 weekends a year of squad and platoon+ tactics.  some guys are vets , most just motivated history buffs. Besides a rifle platoon,(AR15 is hot linking the word rifle to an ad, not my doing)  we also have a company HQ+ to run all S functions and such for those either more interested in that, or for guys that are broken, temporarily broken, need to get in shape, etc

Its not often you get to work as a squad and platoon, and even if you can, you don’t have opfor with multiple platoons and armor. ;-) It strenuous and fun, and you’ll usually feel like you’re in a movie with everything going on around you.

We fight 3-4 weekend “battles” a year, one three day training weekend, and in 2016 we are going to start shooting a couple three-gun matches together

its not free, all your WWII gear costs between $500-1000 and you need a WWII gun, M1 Garand, Carbine, Thompson, etc. Weekends are about $35 event fee, $50-100 or so for blanks depending on how much you shoot, and $20 for food (we have a mess Sgt cooking hot chow)All-in-all not a super expensive hobby and you can get most all your money back, if you quit

So besides good solid infantry tactics, its fun WWII history, and a great way to meet a lot of like minded individuals. Guys from the unit participate in all kinds of other various historical units from coastal defense to aircrew. So if you like history these are the guys.

If you’re interested give me a PM.

ABLE Company
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]
[URL=http://s823.photobucket.com/user/_RAGNAR_/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1939_zps7u7ry80k.jpg.html][/URL
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#3]
[URL=http://s823.photobucket.com/user/_RAGNAR_/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1549_zpsktisycgd.jpg.html][/URL
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Former 2/505 PIR here.   If you ever get to put your knees in the breeze out of something cool I would like to tag along.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome

maybe 5 of our guys are military jump qualified, about that may of also attended a WWII jump school for five days, its pretty cool they jump from C47s

As far as jumping at events its pretty impractical. There is no way to get guys civilian certified and current, and its  a liability i doubt many period aircraft owners would want if your not current

I am working on getting some period air support , and hopefully even a bundle drop this year.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Former 2/505 PIR here.   If you ever get to put your knees in the breeze out of something cool I would like to tag along.
View Quote

I think we have three regular members that were 82nd and a couple guys from a ways away that will only make a event or two a year that were also 82nd

we'd love to have another..
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
WHo play the Krauts ??
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WHo play the Krauts ??
View Quote

The Axis forces are quite large and motivated.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
bump, we've got a great event coming up mid April.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top