Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2015 3:06:16 AM EDT
I received a package for an Amazon order and the return address is:

6655 Destine Ln

Boone, OR 97000

According to Google... this does not exist.  I find Boone NC... if I type in just the zip... I get somewhere in the Florida Keys...

Did my package ship from an alternate dimension?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
http://pnwphotoblog.com/ghost-town-of-boones-landing-oregon/

Soon after the ferry was established, the community of Boones Landing started. A Post Office was established on April 10, 1868 with William A. Criswell as the first post master under the name Boon. The Post Office closed only a few years later on March 19, 1869, but reopened again on December 7, 1876 as Boon’s Ferry under Charles Wilson. It lasted until June 3, 1880 when Wilsonville was formerly platted and became a town. Wilsonville included the town of Boones Landing, effectively destroying the town as a separate entity.

The Ferry continued to run for several more decades. Competition came from the Oregon Electric Railway company who build a railroad bridge (which still exists) across the Willamette river in 1910. But the ferry continued to be operated by the State of Oregon until 1954, when the I-5 bridge across the river was completed.
View Quote

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally got the rest of my shipment from this seller.  the second package has a return address from a postal annex in LA.
The first package with the Boone address had been lost by the Post Office and then found again in Ontario Canada... took close to a month to reach me from original order time... At which time I found that one of the items was missing still.  Second package only took 3 days to reach me.
So this is all just a weird thing that has me curious...  why would they have separate return addresses? and one being a place that doesn't exist...?

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I received a package for an Amazon order and the return address is:

6655 Destine Ln
Boone, OR 97000

According to Google... this does not exist.  I find Boone NC... if I type in just the zip... I get somewhere in the Florida Keys...

Did my package ship from an alternate dimension?
View Quote

I tried google earth. When I entered the whole address I get "couldn't understand the address" So I enter "boone, OR 97000" and it takes me to boone NC. This is a big mistery to me. Was it in fact post marked? What post office / zip is it stamped with?
I smell a scam. I wunder if what you ordered somehow ships from china or something and they want people to think it's from the US?
ETA: According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EncMstr/Oregon_ZIPs it is an Oregon zip code though.
But then reading that link further: "Within each 3-digit designation, numbers are issued in the following manner: The main post office is given the -01 ZIP Code (Salem 97301). " There wouldn't be a zip code of "97000" The main office would be 97001 and all of it's satelite offices would go up from there, 97002, 97003, ect. You should take it to a post office and ask them what it is. It may be illegal or something to use a bogus return address.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#4]
aliens.jpg

Sorry man but it will only go downhill from here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top