Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 12:02:20 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been brought up already, I'm not on this site as much as I used to be.

I was hoping someone could give me definitive info regarding the legality of campus carry at state universities in Oregon.
From here on out I'll speak in hypotheticals so I don't get in trouble.  But hypothetically...if I were to be attending a state university in Oregon, and IF I were to conceal carry on campus to protect myself and others, in the unlikely event that I would ever get caught, what would happen?  I mean I know (in this hypothetical situation) I'd be expelled, but would there be any legal consequences?  If so, what?  I'd appreciate it if you could site your sources if you know.

Thanks in advance, fellas.
I offer my condolences to anyone who was affected by the UCC shooting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks for the link.  So I take that to mean that the only repercussions would come from the university, not the state?

Not like it affects my ultimate decision much anyway...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Court decision in article. College board decisions do not trump state law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top