Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2015 3:43:54 PM EDT
Is everyone safe? I heard about th shooting via text from the gf.  I don't really have news access at work
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My brother woke me up an hour ago to check if I was ok,  despite not being enrolled in school.  All the reports that are being broadcast elsewhere in the country all cite Portland as the news source.

It was certainly disappointing to see all the other students being checked for weapons by the police as they exited.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, better checked than let a second shooter gain access to a larger group of students, or the actual shooter escape to start again.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thoughts and prayers for the Umpqua Community College victims and their families.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on the prayers its a sad day
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sadly, better checked than let a second shooter gain access to a larger group of students, or the actual shooter escape to start again.
View Quote

This...in a confusing scene like an active shooter, sometimes you don't know who is a threat and who isn't....unless they are actually firing at you, then it's obvious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top