Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2015 1:39:00 PM EDT
I finally got two SBR's approved by the ATF using my GunDocx trust and now I need to have them engraved with my trust information.  Where is a good place to get engraving done in the Portland area?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Bye engraving off of Barbur Blvd.  I'd call tho, I haven't used them since the new background check law went into affect and that might change how they handle firearm engraving. They did awesome work on my titanium "solvent trap" tube before it became a Form 1 suppressor. I think it was like $35.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks SMPrider112. I will check them out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
2nd BYE
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
BYE has done mine as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I dropped my two lowers off at Bye's on my way to work this afternoon, $35 for the first $25 for the second.  They should be ready in a couple days.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used Bye Engraving on three separate occasions and couldn't be happier.

FYI, if you take out your trigger components / trigger guard they can engrave in the trigger area like in the pic below:

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bye engraving off of Barbur Blvd.  I'd call tho, I haven't used them since the new background check law went into affect and that might change how they handle firearm engraving. They did awesome work on my titanium "solvent trap" tube before it became a Form 1 suppressor. I think it was like $35.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Isn't required for people who are "repairing or working on a firearm you already own" and BYE doesn't have an FFL so technically you shouldn't be leaving your firearm there..
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I always called ahead of time to make sure somebody would be there who could do receiver engraving and had the work done while I waited.  Each time they've invited me to back of the shop to watch the process.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up my two AR lowers yesterday from Bye,  awesome job.  I asked about how many lowers they engrave, and the lady working the desk said Bye does them all the time.

What do you guys recommend to cover up the engraving to make it black again?
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Aluminum Black to fill it back in black. If you want it to be more visible then Testor model paint in the color of your choice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aluminum Black to fill it back in black. If you want it to be more visible then Testor model paint in the color of your choice.
View Quote

This. Follow Instructions and it will turn out great. BYE did the engraving on my 300blk. Turned out great.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet looking SBR! Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Any suggestions on where to get engravings done in or around Eugene/Springfield?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top