Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2015 4:27:13 AM EDT
My sons have started the school year on a positive note and both are fond of McDonalds fries so was thinking about treating them to some fries a bit more upscale. Any thoughts on good hand cut type fries at a sit-down place close to Hillsboro? Not really wanting to drive 20-30 miles for french fries. Was considering Rock Creek Tavern as Helvatia Tavern has been getting not so great reviews these days. Place must be kid-friendly of course.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
bakers burgers in downtown hillsborito is has pretty good food. it is right by the hospital and both college campuses, so lunch is insane.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bakers burgers in downtown hillsborito is has pretty good food. it is right by the hospital and both college campuses, so lunch is insane.
View Quote

They are closing in a week or two...
They sold the property to the Chevron next door.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagged for more ways to get fat. Brunch Box and Tilt downtown are awesome. But out in Hillsboro I usually hit up Helvetia. I like the owner there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that the landlord sold to Cain Petroleum, which is the Chevron station, the Bakers site leaving the owners high and dry after many years of business. I used to eat there when it was an Arctic Circle. Guessing they want to maybe expand the pumps and add a mini-mart.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tagged for more ways to get fat. Brunch Box and Tilt downtown are awesome. But out in Hillsboro I usually hit up Helvetia. I like the owner there.
View Quote

I hear the Tilt downtown is better.  I usually go to the one on Swan Island when I hit up Maletis for beer kegs.  

Just because Dash did not emphasize the fries at Tilt... Bacon gravy fries.  They are two for one during happy hour.  Kinda spendy but I've had one order satisfy three people that all ate a burger there too.  

I really need to find more food in Hillsboro.  My go to burger place in Beaverton (Fireside Grill) doesn't serve fries,  but they have house made chips.  
But there is hope!  Killer Burger is opening up a location in Tanasbourne.  When that happens,  treat your whole family to a meal there.  I'm not sure if it's different with a kids size,  but the fries are bottomless and tasty.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Baker's.  They are good foods but sucks butt that they are closing.  I thought I heard November for their closing, but I could be wrong.  After that, Cornerstone out in Forest Grove has very similar fries and they have a bit more high end of a menu (with prices to go along with it, but still not terrible).  Mike's Drive-In out in Miluwakie and OC has some good fries and food as well but that's a bit of a haul.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Cruise in country diner at Farmington and river road.
http://www.cruiseincountry.com
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My go to burger place in Beaverton (Fireside Grill)
View Quote

Ah man I love that place! I hang out there a lot when I'm home, you might see my VW with a BFL on it outside sometime.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
What about rock n wingz in hillsboro. Fries look
Hand cut. Similar taste to in n out fries.

Best wings in oregon. Though
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did not enjoy that place or their wings.  To each their own.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

in-n-out fries suck balls.  at least the ones I had down in the bay area when I went down there to pick up a mill.  Burgers were ok, but nothing to write home about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
in-n-out fries suck balls.  at least the ones I had down in the bay area when I went down there to pick up a mill.  Burgers were ok, but nothing to write home about.
View Quote

They're not as good as a good restaurant, but way better than any of the other fast food joints.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Sadly, I do not see a Killer Burger near the outer west side...
All burgers come with bacon and with fries...and the fries are good, sprinkled with crack I believe.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the replies. With all the good weather we have been having, been too busy on weekends for eating out. Maybe this weekend. The Cruise-In Country diner on Farmington used to be Twin Oaks Tavern back in the day. Has changed hands and formats over the years. Prior to being the Cruise-In was called something else and since my parents lived out that way, swore by their prime rib.
If a good place is found maybe we can have a french fry and beer HTF get-together someday.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sadly, I do not see a Killer Burger near the outer west side...
All burgers come with bacon and with fries...and the fries are good, sprinkled with crack I believe.
View Quote

Soon!  Tanasbourne and Sherwood are happening.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#17]
We tried Rock Creek tavern today. Would rate it as just okay. Almost give it a "meh".
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#18]
For decent fast food chain fries this place isn't bad:

Boardwalk Fresh Burgers and Fries
Address: 10950 SW Barnes Rd, Portland, OR 97225
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top