Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2015 12:20:28 AM EDT
tomorrow is a travel day, I'm in Brookings now,
I have all day to burn, just need to be in Medford by sundown.

anything I just have to see while I'm here?

btw, drove most of 101 from Bandon, south.

some nice scenery along the way

Scenery at Port Orford was pretty awesome!

ETA:
I'm Back in 'town'

Will be at Yaquina Head Lighthouse (Newport) in a day or two and driving to PDX afterwards.
Long drive, half of which will be north, along the coast (N. Coast Highway).
wondering if there are any must see views to not miss out on (?)  I'm not gonna deviate too much from my flight drive plan, for the sake of simplicity.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#1]
stop by sunset family pizza in gold beach.

a slice and an arc rock  lager are amazing.

the two gun toting rednecks that own the place are close friends of mine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I went through GB earlier today, not going back north..sticking around here and then heading to MFR
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Crater Lake is worth the trip if you get over that way. Otherwise any place along the coast down that way has great scenery and decent food.
Medford isn't much to look at but there are some cool areas around it. Table rock or whatever it's called is a neat hike.

ETA. In or around Brookings for the day. Apparently I didn't read it close enough. I'm not sure what's exciting that close to Brookings.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Visit stout grove, on 199 on the way toward Grants Pass. For food, Wild River pizza in Cave Junction or a Grants Pass will treat you well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#5]
You're less than an hour from the Redwood national forest just south of Crescent City CA. Drive through Fern Valley national park and/or do the Trees of Mystery park. If you haven't seen the giant redwoods their pretty effin amazing!
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT, back in town. See OP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Will be at Yaquina Head Lighthouse (Newport) in a day or two and driving to PDX afterwards.
Long drive, half of which will be north, along the coast (N. Coast Highway).
wondering if there are any must see views to not miss out on (?) I'm not gonna deviate too much from my flight  drive plan, for the sake of simplicity.
View Quote

Devils Punchbowl is cool to see. Otherwise Id say just enjoy the scenery.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
looks interesting. tnx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top