Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2015 2:21:30 AM EDT
Been a while since I've been to Portland. Staying at the Marriott waterfront downtown. Looking for some decent restaurant recommendations for Saturday night, preferably one that wont require a reservation, and then some fun activity for Sunday. Catching a plane out around 7pm. Will have a car and a pretty good looking date to entertain.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Portland city grill gives a great view of the city.
Easy walking from your hotel.

Take her here:
http://www.travelportland.com/article/portland-rose-garden/

Wife and I got married in the amphitheater next to it. Beautiful views.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Portland city grill gives a great view of the city.
Easy walking from your hotel.

Take her here:
http://www.travelportland.com/article/portland-rose-garden/

Wife and I got married in the amphitheater next to it. Beautiful views.
View Quote

Portland City Grill is especially fantastic on Sunday night,  not that it helps OP.  They have a heavily discounted menu.
(Yes Dash,  they let me in for some reason )

I'd have suggestions,  but I feel like my idea of fun and good food are far different from yours.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd have suggestions,  but I feel like my idea of fun and good food are far different from yours.[/
View Quote

Sorry OP hopefully some others will chime in. Our HTF is pretty slow.

Are there any specifics things youd like to do and maybe I can steer you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are there any specifics things youd like to do and maybe I can steer you in the right direction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'd have suggestions,  but I feel like my idea of fun and good food are far different from yours.[/

Hopefully something indoors with air conditioning that is fun and creative. It's supposed to be in the 70s-80s down there this weekend and I melt in weather that hot.  I was thinking OMSI ?

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
OMSI is definitely neat. There's a ton of museums and art galleries if you're into that.
Is invite you to our BBQ but we will be outside.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OMSI is definitely neat. There's a ton of museums and art galleries if you're into that.
View Quote

Really Dash? Art galleries?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said indoor. only indoor stuff I do is the rimfire range at TCGC.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#8]
While I do not usually like downtown Portland, you can throw a rock and hit a good restaurant or food cart. My idea of a good time is food and drinks with friends, downtown doesn't really offer a lot of things I like to do otherwise. OMSI is OK, but I think it's good for maybe an hours worth of entertainment at most. The art museum is pretty good if you are into that kind of thing. I usually golf, drink, and smoke cigars when I'm in town.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While I do not usually like downtown Portland, you can throw a rock and hit a good restaurant or food cart. My idea of a good time is food and drinks with friends, downtown doesn't really offer a lot of things I like to do otherwise. OMSI is OK, but I think it's good for maybe an hours worth of entertainment at most. The art museum is pretty good if you are into that kind of thing. I usually golf, drink, and smoke cigars when I'm in town.
View Quote

I like this guy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#10]
i would suggest ground kontrol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i would suggest ground kontrol.
View Quote

He's gone, Jim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top