Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2015 5:41:18 PM EDT
Going to be in Portland for a conference in late September. The wife is going to meet me at the end and we are going to stay a few more nights. Looking to get out of the city and maybe head to the Mount Hood area. Neither of us have ever been to the area and we are looking for suggestions on where to go, stay, eat ect... We like the outdoors and look to do some hiking and sight seeing. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop at Multnomah falls also. It's cool spot not too far away. I don't where to stay out towards hood because it's always a day trip for me. But there are some great hikes. I'll see if I can find a couple names of trails.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out The Resort At The Mountain.
Have stayed there before, it's nice and clean, has Golf, nice restaurant, pool and hot tub.

http://www.theresort.com/
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all! That gives us something to work with. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Little Crater Lake is a good drive in the woods...from there you can go N,S,E,W and see the hills in and around Mt. Hood...(see avatar)
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
On the way to/from Multnomah Falls, there are several places to stop at on I-84 (Fish Hatchery/Sturgeon Center, Bonneville Dam, Vista House). I'll take guests to the falls then drive the Historic Columbia Hwy on the way back. If you make it out to Hood River, I recommend taking the Full Sail brewery tour. Mount Saint Helens is only a few hours away.

Timberline Lodge up on Mt. Hood is also worth the drive.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Depending on how the weather goes, I think the late-Sep through Oct is the best time to drive to the mountains from the valley.  The deciduous trees are turning orange and gold while the conifers are still a dark green  It makes for fairly nice scenery.  

There are also a ton of things to do up and down the coast.  Being Oregon we don't exactly see the ocean around here as a place to swim in like in warmer climes to the south, so the fact that it's not swimming season has little impact on the coast for us.  Depending on where you go there are tons of hole in the wall restaurants that serve amazing fresh seafood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top