Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2015 7:50:25 PM EDT
I will be flying to in Portland Tuesday and in driving to Coos Bay. Then leaving Friday. Anything I should check out in the area or on the trip there and back?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd definitely drive highway 101 if you aren't in a time crunch. It's a great drive.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Just south of the bay mouth there is a road that goes to a good high point view of the ocean.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just south of the bay mouth there is a road that goes to a good high point view of the ocean.
View Quote

Go past charleston to sunset bay. The park is just last this.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I like coming into Reedsport at night or suset.
Stop and take a walk on the cliffs north of Florence. Beautiful place to take a walkabout.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
There is an elk viewing area just east of Reedsport. There are usually 40 or so elk in the field within 100-200 yards of the road.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g52034-d2106046-Reviews-Dean_Creek_Elk_Viewing_Area-Reedsport_Oregon.html
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Evergreen Aviation museum in McMinnville.  Its on your way down.  West of Salem.  One of the best aviation museums in the country

You did not mention your other areas of interest.  That would be of help.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the ideas. I'm up for outdoor stuff ss long as it's not long hikes. I'm somewhat limited on time. Any historical areas or museums. Any decent gun shops or ranges?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the ideas. I'm up for outdoor stuff ss long as it's not long hikes. I'm somewhat limited on time. Any historical areas or museums. Any decent gun shops or ranges?
View Quote

Most ranges in Oregon are private and byo gear. What kind of shop are you looking for? There's a great ar15 shop up here in Portland. But not too much on the coast. Fort Stevens is really cool but up northwest in Astoria.  If you have some time you should really try to make the trip to crater lake. It's worth every mile.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most ranges in Oregon are private and byo gear. What kind of shop are you looking for? There's a great ar15 shop up here in Portland. But not too much on the coast. Fort Stevens is really cool but up northwest in Astoria.  If you have some time you should really try to make the trip to crater lake. It's worth every mile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can rent guns, including thompson SMGs, on I5 at the Barons Den, but the OP is from Texas so I'm sure he can do better any day in his home state.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can rent guns, including thompson SMGs, on I5 at the Barons Den, but the OP is from Texas so I'm sure he can do better any day in his home state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent a month in Astoria a few years ago. It was a cool area to explore. What's the name of the shop in Portland? I usually try to hit all the local gun shops and even pawn shops when I'm traveling. You never know what you might find.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent a month in Astoria a few years ago. It was a cool area to explore. What's the name of the shop in Portland? I usually try to hit all the local gun shops and even pawn shops when I'm traveling. You never know what you might find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top