Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 11:36:21 PM EDT
Getting ready to remodel the kitchen, have my cabinet guy locked in, flooring picked out, appliances, etc.  Don't want to do a laminate counter top, looking for someone to do a granite or quartz countertop.

Home Depot looks like it will run above $5K.  Found a granite place in Salem online that claims granite starting at $29 a sq. ft. installed, looks like they might be out of business though.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I found that Home Depot is about the most expensive place to buy granite. I remodeled a house that I sold last year and remodeled the house that I bought last year too.  At my old house I got quotes from Keystone Granite and Granite Warehouse, both were competitive, I also got a quote from The Marble Center but they seemed a bit high priced. Granite Warehouse had a slightly lower price, but Keystone Granite matched Granite Warehouses' price. Both companies seemed reputable, but Keystone Granite had a better install time, and time to install was important so I could list the house for sale. Keystone Granite has a huge selection of granite on site and they did a really good job with the install.
On my new house I got quotes again and ended up buying the granite from K & L Building supply. They had the best prices on kitchen cabinets, although a limited selection, and the granite price was lower than Keystone Granite and Granite Warehouse. K & L Building Supply didn't have as good of a selection of the 3 cm granite, but we found one that both my wife and I liked. K & L Building Supply did not have much inventory of granite on-site, I think their main warehouse is in Portland. The install crew was Asian and didn't speak much English, however, I was able to communicate with them with a little effort and they did quality work. I bought the back splash tile from Keystone Granite just because they have the best selection and I performed the installation of the tile.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I found both Granite Warehouse and Keystone online, went by Granite Warehouse on Tuesday, looked like they were closed.  Called and got no answer or answering machine.  Going to call Keystone tomorrow and see what day works out best to go see what they have.

Is the stated price per square foot all inclusive?  Or do they tack on additional charges for sink cutouts, and edge finishing. HD charges for sink cutouts, inside 45 degree angles, and finished edges.

I'll do a tile backsplash.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't remember the price per foot from Keystone, but the price they quoted was the final price, no surprises.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to recommend Keystone.  They did the install in our office and it came out really well.  Can't comment on price, I'm just a regular desk jockey.

Full Disclosure: They are a client of my firm.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Phil at 503-317-1878

He just did full slab granite in my kitchen, slab marble in my two bathrooms.

Fantastic custom work.  Highly recommended local, honest, and fairly priced contractor.

Tell him Michael Nelson referred him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The Marble Center in Salem.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just talking to some friends who are having their bathroom redone with granite.  They're in Dallas.  They used a local place that they said had the best prices they could find in Polk and Marion counties.  I can't remember the name for the life of me.  I'd ask them, but they're out of the area on a trip right now.

ETA: Holy crap that's a pretty unhelpful reply I just left.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#8]
used to do business with Absolute marble and granite.  top quality.  been awhile so cant comment on price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I just installed a bunch of quartz. Bought everything (Cabinets, tops, appliances) through Ferguson in the Pearl. They beat HD on every piece of the job...Install was flawless.

The counter top were sub'd to Wall to Wall Countertops - again, flawless install.

Pics of course...

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll add...we went with CeasarStone 3CM "Wild Rice" quart. Good product but it's closer to $40/$48 sq. ft.
Inlcuded cutting and mounting sink (undermount), slide in stove prep, and edge profile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top