Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2015 9:47:12 PM EDT
Any relevant code?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:21:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any relevant code?
View Quote

Yeah there is. I'll see if I can find it for you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC it is 100 yds from an occupied structure.

With that said, unless I know who lives there I avoid hunting around homes. I have had game go over the fence of an unfriendly land owner.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless you know the landowner dont hunt anywhere near them.  I love nothing more then chasing people off of my land.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry. Forgot to get back to you.

Oregon standard is 150 yards from an occupied dwelling.

AUTHORITY TO REGULATE FIREARMS

166.170     State preemption

166.171     Authority of county to regulate discharge of firearms

166.172     Authority of city to regulate discharge of firearms

166.173     Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places

166.171 Authority of county to regulate discharge of firearms. (1) A county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the discharge of firearms within their boundaries.

(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section may not apply to or affect:

(a) A person discharging a firearm in the lawful defense of person or property.

(b) A person discharging a firearm in the course of lawful hunting.

(c) A landowner and guests of the landowner discharging a firearm, when the discharge will not endanger adjacent persons or property.

(d) A person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.

(e) A person discharging a firearm in the course of target shooting on public land that is not inside an urban growth boundary or the boundary of a city, if the discharge will not endanger persons or property.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]
the big question op is what county?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry. Forgot to get back to you.

Oregon standard is 150 yards from an occupied dwelling.

AUTHORITY TO REGULATE FIREARMS

166.170     State preemption

166.171     Authority of county to regulate discharge of firearms

166.172     Authority of city to regulate discharge of firearms

166.173     Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places

166.171 Authority of county to regulate discharge of firearms. (1) A county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the discharge of firearms within their boundaries.

(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section may not apply to or affect:

(a) A person discharging a firearm in the lawful defense of person or property.

(b) A person discharging a firearm in the course of lawful hunting.

(c) A landowner and guests of the landowner discharging a firearm, when the discharge will not endanger adjacent persons or property.

(d) A person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.

(e) A person discharging a firearm in the course of target shooting on public land that is not inside an urban growth boundary or the boundary of a city, if the discharge will not endanger persons or property.

View Quote

Thank you, sir!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the big question op is what county?
View Quote

Benton County. A buddy has several deer going thru his backyard. Houses are farther apart then at my place, but definitely not 150 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top