Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2015 2:01:58 AM EDT
CHL holder in Texas.  Driving to Coos Bay from Texas.  Can I Open Vehicle Carry without concern of violating Oregon State Law?  

Look forward to spending a few weeks on your beautiful coast.

Any suggestions for "must do" things while in the area?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/chl-central/local-gun-codes

Here you go, although I thought Eugene was "No Loaded open carry" as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose you are going to Coos Bay because you know somebody there,  but in my opinion it isn't the best stretch of coast.  If I had to pick an area to call my central point of a several week coast trip,  it would be Newport or Lincoln City.  The Devil's Punchbowl is very close by which is an absolute must see,  Cannon Beach is not far off either.  Some great hiking is within that stretch.  

My only impression from my trips to Coos Bay was drug addiction, despair and dirty beaches.  I'm not even fond of the idea of driving through it.  
My impressions may not have been under the best of circumstances,  but I do have a friend that lives there and a girl I dated lived there for a few years.  They share my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah you can open carry if that's your thing. I don't like making myself standout though. There aren't many of us who open carry around town so you are going to get attention.

I used to work in Coos Bay. Yeah it's a little rough in some areas but it has a much better feel than Portland.

I'm an idiot. Yes you can open carry in a vehicle. Make sure it's very open carry and they can't argue if you get pulled over.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I was over around Reedsport and Winchester Bay yesterday, now thats a fishing town.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you only talking about the immediate area?

Go see crater lake.

Sunset Bay is a nice spot for tidepools and wandering. Up around the corner is a nice lookout at the end of the road.
West Coast game park Safari has tigers and bears you can pet.
If you'd like a really bad suggestion go to the Bachelors Inn.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suppose you are going to Coos Bay because you know somebody there,  but in my opinion it isn't the best stretch of coast.  If I had to pick an area to call my central point of a several week coast trip,  it would be Newport or Lincoln City.  The Devil's Punchbowl is very close by which is an absolute must see,  Cannon Beach is not far off either.  Some great hiking is within that stretch.  

My only impression from my trips to Coos Bay was drug addiction, despair and dirty beaches.  I'm not even fond of the idea of driving through it.  
My impressions may not have been under the best of circumstances,  but I do have a friend that lives there and a girl I dated lived there for a few years.  They share my opinion.
View Quote

i lived in coos bay for a year to go to school, Modly's  observation is correct and WAY understated. The best thing to do in Coos Bay is get the hell out of Coos Bay.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Pansies. I like Coos Bay.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

have you ever been there when you didn't have to investigate a meth trailer explosion?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

have you ever been there when you didn't have to investigate a meth trailer explosion?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok not as often but yes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i lived in coos bay for a year to go to school, Modly's  observation is correct and WAY understated. The best thing to do in Coos Bay is get the hell out of Coos Bay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.  The wife and I are beginning that leg of the trip tomorrow.  Started in San Diego and have been making our way up the coast and will be ending up in Seattle.  Sounds like we will be detouring around Coos Bay.  It was simply a spot on the map that looked like, from limited research I must admit, might be a nice place to spend a fews days.  I think we'll keep driving a little further north and take Modly's suggestion for the Newport and Lincoln City stretch of coast.  

We've seen some pretty sights in California but I'll be glad to get out of the Land of Fruits and Nuts, unlock the Glock from the trunk, and be back in a state that still respects your Constitutional  Rights.

Thanks guys.  Look forward to our visit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Spent seven days in and around Yachats.  One of the most beautiful places I've been in north America.  Went up to Newport for the day for a run to a veterinarian treatment for the pooch that caught a thorn in the pad we couldn't get out.  Had some chowder and fresh catch on Bay Blvd. that was Out Of This World!!!  

I fell in love with this Sate!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Where are you now?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Spent seven days in and around Yachats.  One of the most beautiful places I've been in north America.  Went up to Newport for the day for a run to a veterinarian treatment for the pooch that caught a thorn in the pad we couldn't get out.  Had some chowder and fresh catch on Bay Blvd. that was Out Of This World!!!  

View Quote

Texans are welcome to stay.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

My good friend lives near Yachats.  Not sure where all you went,  but if you saw a tall girl with dyed hair,  it was probably her.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top