Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 3:27:51 PM EDT

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/Oregon-lawmakers-consider-bill-to-limit--300215001.html

Oregon lawmakers are considering a bill that would make it a crime for adults to allow minors unsupervised access to firearms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]

I sent this out to the Democrats who are running the state:

Real world statistics show SB945 is a solution in search of a problem when one looks at the leading cause of deaths for minor children under18 years of age: motor vehicles (34%), suffocation (27%), drowning (17%), fires (7%), environmental factors (2.3%), poisoning (2.2%), falls (1.5%), firearm (1.5), pedal cycles (1.4%), and medical mistakes (1.3%).

These real world statistics put firearm accident death rates at 0.2 per 100,000 population which is an all time historical low in the United States. Since 1930, the annual number of firearm accident deaths has decreased 81%, while the U.S. population has more than doubled and the number of firearms has quintupled. Among minor children, such deaths have decreased 89% since 1975.

Statically speaking the odds are more than a million to one, against a child in the U.S. dying in a firearm related accident.

If Democrats in the Oregon Legislature were truly concerned about child safety gun owners would not be their target. Unfortunately, SB945 is a Democrat political gun agenda item not about child safety.

Sources: U.S. National Center for Health Statistics“Wisqars” website,  U.S. National Safety Council (www.nsc.org/).  Firearm Manufactures ATF Reports www.atf.gov/statistics  

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
They don't care about real numbers!!! What are you new?? lol

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
We don't need facts and logic! It's for the children! Why do you want children to die?!?!?!

Obviously they should be having school taught anal sex instead of hunting in the outdoors.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm amazed this state hasn't gone to shit years ago.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm amazed this state hasn't gone to shit years ago.
View Quote
It sure seems to be going that way now. Just Sayin'...

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Huh.

Guess they should go dig dad up, then.

BB gun at 4
.22 LR at 5
.300 savage and 12 gauge at 9.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Huh.

BB gun at 4
.22 LR at 5

View Quote

My unborn son already has his first 22. It was my first rifle at 9..
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh.

BB gun at 4
.22 LR at 5

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:02:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Are they suggesting that minors don't have a right to self-defense in the home? Wouldn't that violate Heller?

People under the age of 18 can be home without parental supervision, and there are plenty of places in this state where police response times would allow a child to be robbed/raped/murdered before a cop showed up.

The Democrats obviously hate children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top