Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2015 11:00:28 PM EDT
OFF email tool

I don't know about the rest of you but I like to occasionally buy/sell/loan a firearm to a friend. SB 941 says I can't do that without OSP's permission and I get to pay for the privilege. Please contact your state legislators if you haven't already.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Crickets chirping on the OHTF.  

Time to join the Oregon Firearms Federation.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/category/off-alerts
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Emailed twice.  Only 3 responses.  These morons are going to pass what they want.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Time to get the flywheel on the recall machine a spinning.  All I can say is that Chuck Riley only won by 269 votes so he should be an easy target.  Just gotta get a few more of them of them.  Get them to play ball or GTFO.  Besides, I fell 100% that schools are in far worse shape than violent crime stats in OR.  Fix the schools, less people turn to crime.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is my testimony for wednesday. Hope to see you all there.

Respected members of the committee:

I am here today to express my opposition to SB 941.  This bill has been foisted on the Oregon public under a pretense of public safety, which I would like to examine in my testimony.  It would appear to me that the supporters of this bill feel that 11,208 deaths is sufficient to declare a legitimate threat to public safety. I’m not going to dispute that; I would however like to analyze that figure and the legislature’s proposed response in context.

In 2012, an estimated 13,712 people in the US possessing an AIDS diagnosis succumbed to their affliction. In much the same way a person came to die from a disease that had been given to them, so too had 11,208 souls perished as a direct result of the actions of another from the barrel of a gun. It would not be unfair to say intent is irrelevant, suffice it to say that both groups contain examples of intentional and unintentional behavior.

If we were to propose a measured legislative response to this threat to public safety, and base it on SB 941, it would probably not look much different than mandatory disclosure to the government of any consentual and nonconsentual sexual activity involving one or more AIDS or HIV+ individuals. What’s more, each occurance would need to be disclosed for the sole purpose of protecting some as-of-yet unnamed party. This legislation could also be written so as to create a database of diagnosed HIV+ and AIDS infected individuals, and then require ALL individuals to submit to disclosure and governmental consent involving any sexual transaction.

The good news is that this would solve prostitution, however I can already hear the cries of those who would fairly, and rightly claim that such an act incontrovertibly discriminates against gay males, whom are disproportionately represented among the AIDS and HIV community. As a champion of LGBT rights in the state of Oregon I have no doubt I would find disagreement from you Senator. Gelser.

I would ask the committee then, how is this different? HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT? If 11,000 deaths is considered the threshold for a compelling government interest and a registration and permitting bill for sexual activity is considered discriminatory for homosexual couples, how could it not be considered so for Law Abiding gun owners? I respectfully submit that it is not. And the rights of both groups must necessarily be preserved as a result.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Tim Knopp kind of responded. - He's a no, but he just said he's against any bill that is anti 2A.

I've heard nothing but platitudes from Knute Buehler's office. I expected better from him, since he's got a pretty strong libertarian streak.

I suspect he'll vote no because he can without consequence.  But if it was close, I think he'd lean to the yes side.

I gave both of these guys $$ in the last election.

Our new Sheriff, Shane Nelson, has been oddly silent. I guess in politics you have to go where the wind blows, and Central Oregon is blowing left, slowly but surely.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am here today to express my opposition to SB 941.  This bill has been foisted on the Oregon public under a pretense of public safety, which I would like to examine in my testimony.  It would appear to me that the supporters of this bill feel that 11,208 deaths is sufficient to declare a legitimate threat to public safety. I’m not going to dispute that; I would however like to analyze that figure and the legislature’s proposed response in context.

In 2012, an estimated 13,712 people in the US possessing an AIDS diagnosis succumbed to their affliction. In much the same way a person came to die from a disease that had been given to them, so too had 11,208 souls perished as a direct result of the actions of another from the barrel of a gun. It would not be unfair to say intent is irrelevant, suffice it to say that both groups contain examples of intentional and unintentional behavior.

If we were to propose a measured legislative response to this threat to public safety, and base it on SB 941, it would probably not look much different than mandatory disclosure to the government of any consentual and nonconsentual sexual activity involving one or more AIDS or HIV+ individuals. What’s more, each occurance would need to be disclosed for the sole purpose of protecting some as-of-yet unnamed party. This legislation could also be written so as to create a database of diagnosed HIV+ and AIDS infected individuals, and then require ALL individuals to submit to disclosure and governmental consent involving any sexual transaction.

The good news is that this would solve prostitution, however I can already hear the cries of those who would fairly, and rightly claim that such an act incontrovertibly discriminates against gay males, whom are disproportionately represented among the AIDS and HIV community. As a champion of LGBT rights in the state of Oregon I have no doubt I would find disagreement from you Senator. Gelser.

I would ask the committee then, how is this different? HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT? If 11,000 deaths is considered the threshold for a compelling government interest and a registration and permitting bill for sexual activity is considered discriminatory for homosexual couples, how could it not be considered so for Law Abiding gun owners? I respectfully submit that it is not. And the rights of both groups must necessarily be preserved as a result.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Oregon has one of the worst economies in the nation.

We are 49th for graduation rates (only reason for this is because Idaho didn't compile its statistics in time to be submitted or we'd be 50th).

We have a higher rate of our citizens on some form of public assistance than most other states.  

We pay some of the highest prices for gas in the nation.

We have recently suffered national embarrassment resulting from a high level of impropriety in our state government.

Businesses do not see Oregon as a viable choice for location.  

We are looking at plans to institute all-day kindergarten throughout the state with no money to pay for it.

And our legislators are fucking around with this nonsense?  Fuck that.  Fix the economy.  Fix the schools.  Balance the budget.  Fix the corruption.  Make Oregon appealing to businesses.  THEN, and only then, should we be bothering with shit like this.  Assholes.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We are 49th for graduation rates (only reason for this is because Idaho didn't compile its statistics in time to be submitted or we'd be 50th).

We have a higher rate of our citizens on some form of public assistance than most other states.  

We have recently suffered national embarrassment resulting from a high level of impropriety in our state government.

We are looking at plans to institute all-day kindergarten throughout the state with no money to pay for it.

And our legislators are fucking around with this nonsense?  Fuck that.  Fix the economy.  Fix the schools.  Balance the budget.  Fix the corruption.  Make Oregon appealing to businesses.  THEN, and only then, should we be bothering with shit like this.  Assholes.

View Quote

Occam's razor would suggest that those in power care not for such issues. It's not hard to understand why things are happening the way they are when you think of it like that.

I'm going to stay in OR for as long as I can. I have already left once, but next time I do It will likely be for good, unless things change.

That said, all of this is coming to every state at some point. The writing is on the wall. We can stem the tide but unless the public starts engaging their brains again en masse, we will just be managing the decline.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Please keep this in mind if you plan to attend or speak tomorrow, cross posted from the GD thread.

First and foremost: DRESS NICE. Shave, clean yourself up. This cannot be stressed enough. If you cannot be bothered to do this, then please DO NOT ATTEND. We are not just fighting a political war, we are fighting a PUBLIC RELATIONS war as well. If you show up in full camo and a tac vest with a drop leg holstered m92 on your hip, then you deserve whatever call out you get. There is a time to dress up and play army, it is not here.

It is possible (albeit highly improbable) that this bill can be defeated in committee. Everyone on that committee has already made up their mind on this, save for potentially one person, Sara Gelser. She is a freshman senator from Albany who defeated her Republican opponent Betsy Close in the last election by a little under 6000 votes (50k cast). She is new and stated as anti gun, but does not yet have a voting record in the Senate. All this to say that if there is a person on the committee that should be targeted for persuasion, it is her. No one else. Don't bother speaking to Ginny Burdick, Floyd Prozanski, Jeff Kruse, Or Kim Thatcher, you will be wasting your breath. Thank Kim and Jeff for their support, they are the yes votes.

When you speak to Sara. BE POLITE (For the love of God, Be Polite). Arguments that will persuade her will be factual, calmly presented, and follow a logical thought pattern. Leave your hyperbole, histrionics, and anger at the door. If you threaten her job, be very careful of the language you use. I would suggest pointing to Colorado as a case study and let her and others infer the results (this is more useful in the full senate vote, as there were several that were elected by RAZOR thin margins). If you can't do all of this, please show your support by appearing presentable and remaining silent, or just say that you oppose the bill. A single gun owner losing his/her temper can do far more harm than five or ten calm, collected speakers. Other things to do when you speak to her is to make eye contact (No psycho eyes, please ), greet her with a smile and be respectful of her title (I know it's hard, but you catch more flies with honey than vinegar).

Here is some ammunition for your arguments:
Haynes v. United States, which effectively states that felons do not need to submit themselves to this law, under the grounds of self incrimination:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States

Colorado is an excellent case study. Would be good to use it.

Here is Sara Gelser's bio, you can tailor her positions and background to make your argument for her. It will resonate if you relate to her. I for one plan to work the LGBT angle, using the AIDS crisis of the 80's as a prime example of why this is a bad bill. Legislation could have targeted homosexuals in the 80's as a way of impacting the AIDS epidemic, but many feared such an approach would violate basic human rights.
http://ballotpedia.org/Sara_Gelser

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Hearing went OK, even though the writing is on the wall. Prosanski made a concerted effort to make things fair for both sides of the argument.

As I had previously said, gun owners have a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot (pun intended) when it comes to the PR war that is being fought. Today they did not disappoint.

Kevin's panel included a Sheriff from eastern Oregon whose testimony was about as eloquent as it was helpful to our side. Kevin could have and should have stepped in to coach him in advance.

The first rule of public speaking is to know your audience, and for the life of me I can't understand why a person wouldn't want to present yourself in a way that is amenable to your enemy, triply so when trying to persuade them. I'm not trying to be hard on the gun owner crowd, but I just don't understand what would compel people to show up in camo or make a bunch of threats to the elected reps and think that it would be helpful.

Work Session/Vote on the bill is tomorrow. It will likely get through, judging solely the glad handing of the reps with various groups.

Kim Thatcher is awesome, and easy on the eyes, too. She had some really good questions for the anti gun panel. Unfortunately her work was offset by the Grant Co Sheriff.

Folks there from MDA, Brady Campaign, ETFGS, you know astroturf types. Some individuals testifying for the bill. Most of their arguments are weak and easily defeated.

At the end of the day, this bill will become law. And predictably, very little will change.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Just received this this morning.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#12]

From Rep Barker today.

Dear Mr farmdog,

Thank you for your email.

I oppose expanding Oregon’s background check system.  As a retired police lieutenant with 31 years in law enforcement, and as a Democrat, I frequently remind my colleagues that we do not need to fear law abiding gun owners.

Thanks again for your email and please feel free to contact me again on this or any other issue.

Jeff Barker
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
VERY Intriguing update from OFF:

Action on the gun owner registration bill, SB 941, was postponed today until Monday.

The reason was because of an amendment that was proposed by Senator Kim Thatcher.

The amendment would eliminate the proposed expensive, intrusive and inaccurate background checks that would be required for private transfers, and replace them with a system whereby only prohibited persons would be identified.

Although the details would need some fine tuning, how it would work would be this:  If you are a prohibited person, your driver's license would include an indicator, just as it does now for corrective lenses or organ donors.

Non prohibited persons would have no change.  If you wanted to transfer a firearm you would only need to see the back of the recipients driver's license or state ID card. If there is no prohibitor the transfer is made with no background check, no fee, no registration and no paperwork.

There will be no record of the transfer and no list of guns or gun owners.

Transfers at dealers would have no changes, except a dealer would have the advantage of knowing beforehand that a person was going to be denied and could save himself the time and expense of running the check.

Because of the speed at which bills and amendments are created, there is no question that there will need to be technical adjustments, but it does put the gun grabbers in an interesting situation. It basically gives them everything they have demanded (a way to prevent transfers to prohibited people) but without the registration they claim they were not seeking. (Of course they are lying about that so now what will they say?)

If the background check system is as easy and reliable as the anti-gun crowd claims it is, they should be totally on board with this idea. Monday promises to be interesting.

Yesterday we told you about  HB 3093. This bill would allow certain people who have permits to carry concealed handguns in other states to carry in Oregon. We said we thought the bill was a bad idea. Some folks misunderstood our stand. Our objection was not to allowing non residents to carry in Oregon. We've been working on that for many years. Our objection was to allowing the State Police to decide which states they would recognize. This was a power they had in the past and refused to recognize a single state.

Our  preference would be to do away with permits and move to Constitutional Carry as more and more states are doing, but we would support starting with recognizing other states. We do not want the State Police to decide which ones. We are working on amendments which should address this issue. If they are adopted, the bill will be a great first step in ending Oregon's absurd policy of not recognizing a single other state's permit.

In a touch of interesting timing, we have been informed that Columbia County has added its name to the list of counties standing up for the Second Amendment.  To the people who worked tirelessly to make that happen, thank you!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Action on the gun owner registration bill, SB 941, was postponed today until Monday.

The reason was because of an amendment that was proposed by Senator Kim Thatcher.

The amendment would eliminate the proposed expensive, intrusive and inaccurate background checks that would be required for private transfers, and replace them with a system whereby only prohibited persons would be identified.

Although the details would need some fine tuning, how it would work would be this:  If you are a prohibited person, your driver's license would include an indicator, just as it does now for corrective lenses or organ donors.

Non prohibited persons would have no change.  If you wanted to transfer a firearm you would only need to see the back of the recipients driver's license or state ID card. If there is no prohibitor the transfer is made with no background check, no fee, no registration and no paperwork.

Transfers at dealers would have no changes, except a dealer would have the advantage of knowing beforehand that a person was going to be denied and could save himself the time and expense of running the check.

Because of the speed at which bills and amendments are created, there is no question that there will need to be technical adjustments, but it does put the gun grabbers in an interesting situation. It basically gives them everything they have demanded (a way to prevent transfers to prohibited people) but without the registration they claim they were not seeking. (Of course they are lying about that so now what will they say?)

If the background check system is as easy and reliable as the anti-gun crowd claims it is, they should be totally on board with this idea. Monday promises to be interesting.

Yesterday we told you about  HB 3093. This bill would allow certain people who have permits to carry concealed handguns in other states to carry in Oregon. We said we thought the bill was a bad idea. Some folks misunderstood our stand. Our objection was not to allowing non residents to carry in Oregon. We've been working on that for many years. Our objection was to allowing the State Police to decide which states they would recognize. This was a power they had in the past and refused to recognize a single state.

Our  preference would be to do away with permits and move to Constitutional Carry as more and more states are doing, but we would support starting with recognizing other states. We do not want the State Police to decide which ones. We are working on amendments which should address this issue. If they are adopted, the bill will be a great first step in ending Oregon's absurd policy of not recognizing a single other state's permit.

In a touch of interesting timing, we have been informed that Columbia County has added its name to the list of counties standing up for the Second Amendment.  To the people who worked tirelessly to make that happen, thank you!
View Quote

Outstanding proposal from Kim Thatcher.  I just emailed her to voice my support for her idea.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Outstanding proposal from Kim Thatcher.  I just emailed her to voice my support for her idea.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt. Kim is a great person.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I also received this email.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree! Clever solution from Sen. Thatcher.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:09:53 AM EDT
[#18]
did it  thanks for posting
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 3:01:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Time to get the flywheel on the recall machine a spinning.  All I can say is that Chuck Riley only won by 269 votes so he should be an easy target.  Just gotta get a few more of them of them.  Get them to play ball or GTFO.  Besides, I fell 100% that schools are in far worse shape than violent crime stats in OR.  Fix the schools, less people turn to crime.
View Quote

There is a work in progress on NWFA to recall him.

If we give them a inch they will take a mile. I know many of you may not be all too concerned,  same thing happened with measure 5 the gun show loop hole and for those who remember how exciting, fun and competitive gun shows were prior to measure 5 have seen  just how much effect that had and how lousy the Keith shows are now.

Better to make a stand now set the example draw the line next time it could be your very gun ownership rights your hunting rights , your carry rights.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If we give them a inch they will take a mile. I know many of you may not be all too concerned,  same thing happened with measure 5 the gun show loop hole and for those who remember how exciting, fun and competitive gun shows were prior to measure 5 have seen  just how much effect that had and how lousy the Keith shows are now.

Better to make a stand now set the example draw the line next time it could be your very gun ownership rights your hunting rights , your carry rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#21]
also be sure to spread the word not everyone belongs to a gun board especially one like this with a home town forum .
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Note:  Testimony is still being accepted till Monday.  If you know someone who hasn't submitted yet, please get them off their butts and on the keyboard :)

Just to refresh the list, and make it a little easier for people to contact the Judiciary Committee:
Contact your legislators, people. Your 2-cents does help. Every person that remains silent just makes the politicians job that much easier.
Here's the Senate Judicial Committee:

Sen Prozanski (chair) 503-986-1704 or 541-342-2447 or by email at [email protected]

And the rest that need to be convinced:
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/burdick
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/gelser
These two are supportive of rural Oregon and 2nd amendment rights, and deserving of support:
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/kruse
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/thatcher

Also, doesn't hurt to email/phone the senate and house majority leaders since they are wanting this bill as well.
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/courtney/Pages/default.aspx
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/hoyle
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/kotek
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I used the OFF mail tool to hit all of our Reps.

Has anyone read this legislation? Is it a duplicate of the WA legislation?

If so they are outlawing the Mentored Hunter Program I just signed my son up for. I wonder how ODFW feels about that?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm sure Floyd ProNazi is quite proud of himself for ushering in this new era of peace and harmony.  All gun crime will cease in Oregon starting today . . .
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#26]
There are still many steps before this bill becomes law. It needs a vote from the full senate and then will go over to the house side. Each step is an opportunity to slow down and stop this thing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Hope this gets traction.

Recall drums beating
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Excellent!  

Good time to join OFF, if you haven't already done so.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hope this gets traction.

Recall drums beating
View Quote

I just got a job offer up there in Hillsboro, so there will be one more friendly vote coming this summer...
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#30]
The Republicans in the legislature are fighting back. I've gotten multiple emails today from numerous Republicans urging us to continue to contact the legislature on the gun control bills.

It's nice to see that the party is unified in trying to stop this. Copy and paste a message and send it to all the democrats in the senate.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I just got a job offer up there in Hillsboro, so there will be one more friendly vote coming this summer...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope this gets traction.

Recall drums beating

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#32]
SB 941 Just passed the Senate this AM. Time to recall Chuck Riley.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

that douche needs to get bagged.  He shouldn't have been in there in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#34]
we need to get rid of burdick also shes as anti gun as they come. Call and email your senators soon.
we need to use our votes and vote them all out of office, especially the career politicians. Politics was supposed to be a service to your state and country not a full time job. Do term or two at the most then go back to your farm and family and jobs. All these professional politicians are in somebody pocket or beholden to them for finances and votes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Good luck getting rid of Burdick, she's in a district where she doesn't have to fear for her seat. The problem with Salem is that it reeks of Portland centric liberal groupthink, and we don't have the numbers to overcome the democratic majorities in those districts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
we need to get rid of burdick also shes as anti gun as they come. Call and email your senators soon.
we need to use our votes and vote them all out of office, especially the career politicians. Politics was supposed to be a BURDEN and Inconvenience to your state and country not a full time job. Do term or two at the most then go back to your farm and family and jobs. All these professional politicians are in somebody pocket or beholden to them for finances and votes.
View Quote

Fixed for you
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

that douche needs to get bagged.  He shouldn't have been in there in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bloomberg money well spent. Starr was a good guy too. Keep writing to the House chamber now. It's not over until it's over.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I've sent Gelser a very personal email, I used to work for the company her dad started in Corvallis.  She got into politics for equal access/ADA stuff because she and her husband have a special needs child.  Interesting to see how much her political views have changed since she first went to the Oregon House many years ago.  Now that Bloomberg bought her seat in the Senate, it sure has changed the balance of power.

I wish the Willamette Week would out Peter Courtney like they did Kitzhaber.  That guy has a nice job at a state university with an office a few doors down from the President and really doesn't do anything for the salary he gets.  

I've sent many, many emails, some of the OFF form mails, from which I got many responses from (R) 's only.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:53:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bloomberg money well spent. Starr was a good guy too. Keep writing to the House chamber now. It's not over until it's over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/house/Pages/RepresentativesDistrict.aspx

Just in case anybody needed some email addresses.  I'll try to look up a map for those who aren't sure who to email.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Unless you're in the valley or the coast, we already know our reps and senators voted against it.

The State of Portland and the Willamette Valley already run the lives of those of us outside those areas. Between this and the $15 minimum wage, Idaho is starting to look better and better.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I copied this in an email to Sen. Gelser.

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Unless you're in the valley or the coast, we already know our reps and senators voted against it.

The State of Portland and the Willamette Valley already run the lives of those of us outside those areas. Between this and the $15 minimum wage, Idaho is starting to look better and better.
View Quote

I was up in Seattle the other weekend and they have started to institute the $15/hr. minimum wage. It is stupid expensive to go out to eat there now and it's only going to get worse. Way to go libs, you just made it more difficult for small businesses to survive. There aren't going to be very many of those $15/hr jobs when businesses start shutting down.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#43]
If I wanted to start bugging the house reps about this bill do I still menation SENATE bill 941 or does it have a HB assignment now?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If I wanted to start bugging the house reps about this bill do I still menation SENATE bill 941 or does it have a HB assignment now?
View Quote

They're probably well aware of any and all labels it would carry at this point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

What the heck am I about to get myself into? Schnikeez...
I gotta believe Nevada is worse. .
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, if you smoke it or eat it in brownie form, weed is legal.  The scenery is also better than NV IMO
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only bad thing about OR is the politics. If you can get past that, this is a wonderful place to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top