Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2015 12:47:54 AM EDT
I am really enjoying watching all the dirty shit about the good doctor and his paramour coming out into the daylight.  I find few things more fun than watching a cocky asshole with whom I do not agree squirming as he goes through very difficult circumstances of his own making.  

I do have to wonder why the only outfit that seems to want to cover this with any enthusiasm is that liberal rag WW, though.  ETA: I mean by that, where the hell are the Oregonian, the Statesman Journal, the local news stations, hell, the Capital Press.  What the hell have they all been doing for the last twelve months?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
You talkin' about Shitstabber?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I think he's talking about Special K and the go-getter.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It appears the media is finally taking the blinders off, however (refuse to say the shitstain's name) just meekly denies wrongdoing and spouts his double talk, while dragging it out. Most of the (D) public really doesn't care. They don't. Either it's an attack by the super conservative Oregonian (of course they aren't, but the Libs claim the O is a Republican shill), or it's a case of "the ends justify the means," so nothing will happen in the long run. I would LOVE to see (him) and the first chippie in jail for public corruption charges, but again I say.....nothing will happen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I am talking about our current governor.

I'd love to see him and his fiancee (beard?) both get the Bob McDonnell treatment and wind up in club fed.  

While perhaps the currently ruling left seems to want to sweep this under the rug and move on, I'm not sure  it's up to them at this point.  The FBI is now involved.  In his press conference at the end of last week, Captain Cowboy Boots said he had not personally been contacted by the FBI.  That does not necessarily mean that his office or his attorney has not been contacted by the FBI.  I'm sure it's a coincidence that Cylvia Hayes happens to be traveling across Europe during an FBI investigation focused at least in part on her actions.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]

It was sure nice that the latest disclosures came out AFTER the election.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
There will be no consequence to him, and the liberal dross of Multnomah County don't care. They will vote for a dirty Democrat until Hell freezes over.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of it did come out, but the governor stated that he had made sure that no wrongdoing occurred so it was okay.  Then, the body that investigates these types of things here in OR took a break until after Christmas.  That would be the same body that answers to the governor, so you know they're unbiased.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazing, that, yes.....  
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, now the Oregonian has published an op-ed calling for his resignation.  Maybe they could have saved the paper it's written on if they hadn't fucking endorsed him in the first place.  

It is nice that they spend about 1/4 of the piece singing the praises of their own reporters for investigative journalism, even though Willamette Week started this stuff back in, what, October?  Good job thinking you're awesome, Oregonian, for only being damn near half a year late to the party.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, now the Oregonian has published an op-ed calling for his resignation.  Maybe they could have saved the paper it's written on if they hadn't fucking endorsed him in the first place.  

It is nice that they spend about 1/4 of the piece singing the praises of their own reporters for investigative journalism, even though Willamette Week started this stuff back in, what, October?  Good job thinking you're awesome, Oregonian, for only being damn near half a year late to the party.

View Quote

Was the OR or the WW that wrote a piece totally railing on the Kitz  for all of the F-ups he did, then pretty much praised Richardson.  But at the end of the article they say that they still endorsed the Kitz because Democrats.  Its crap like that that really makes me face palm and wish modern medicine wasn't as good so that this kind of idiocy would be self removing from the gene pool.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, Ms. Cylvia has now lawyered up and dropped the shared law firm that represented her and Kitz up until now.  She's now retained a criminal lawyer.  I smell mutual shoving under a bus in the near future.  I'm not sure which GD rules carry over into here, so I don't know if my membership on ARFcom requires that I insert the George Costanza eating popcorn gif here.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#12]
He is resigning....just heard

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]
All I'm hearing is that it's a rumor reported on by the Oregonian.  Nothing concrete yet.  

While I believe that he should resign or be recalled, I do not relish the idea of "Governor Kate Brown."

ETA: changed the thread title for clarity.

Also, assuming this is true, I have to wonder what the hell changed or was uncovered in the last 24 hours.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All I'm hearing is that it's a rumor reported on by the Oregonian.  Nothing concrete yet.  

While I believe that he should resign or be recalled, I do not relish the idea of "Governor Kate Brown."

Also, assuming this is true, I have to wonder what the hell changed or was uncovered in the last 24 hours.
View Quote

Hard to believe but I'd be happier with Kitz than her

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's the link to the thread in GD, because shit's hard to find in there.

GD Thread

It's nice to see members in other states laughing at our embarrassment.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, we may not have to put up with her very long.  Seems Comcast bought her soul for about $10k and she and they were dumb enough to email back and forth about it.  

Here we go again.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here's the link to the thread in GD, because shit's hard to find in there.

GD Thread

It's nice to see members in other states laughing at our embarrassment.
View Quote

I moved from Montana last year to Oregon. Both states are getting embarrassed these days, this fiasco and yoga pants.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:32:54 AM EDT
[#18]
The doctor is a pedophile like Goldschmidt.

They were in the same sex ring.

Nobody has the balls to investigate that one.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I keep hearing he's resigning, then a report comes out that he's not, then he is again, etc etc. Just make up your god damn mind John!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn good point.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#21]
The other top state Dems are now calling for him to resign.  I'm sure they are just trying to distance themselves from the coming trainwreck so they can still push their agendas.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The other top state Dems are now calling for him to resign.  I'm sure they are just trying to distance themselves from the coming trainwreck so they can still push their agendas.
View Quote

I think they want Kate in the Governor's office. Kitz is a pragmatic liberal. Brown is die-hard liberal.

She will be the first openly bi governor in the country.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Wrote the same thing in (one of) the Kitz threads in GD... but I don't want him to resign.

1.  Kate Brown as governor  'nuff said.
2.  I like seeing this shitstorm rubbed into the liberals' faces.  Don't let them sweep it under the rug.
3.  Anything that diminishes the ability of this state to accomplish anything in the next 4 years is good.  The Dem's agenda is taxes, taxes, gun control, and more taxes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Aaaannnndd....He's gone.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Aaaannnndd....He's gone.
View Quote

Good riddance
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:55:45 AM EDT
[#26]
It ain't over till its over.................

Gone, but apparently not forgotten.............
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#27]
There was a time when I was a resident of the State of Oregon and felt proud of their elected representatives, those days are long gone. What an ugly stinking mess, Oregonians have, like much of the country, become too complacent to understand the complex issues and the media has too much power to sway opinion. Good luck to you Oregon, you are going to need more than that, I do not like where this is heading.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There was a time when I was a resident of the State of Oregon and felt proud of their elected representatives, those days are long gone. What an ugly stinking mess, Oregonians have, like much of the country, become too complacent to understand the complex issues and the media has too much power to sway opinion. Good luck to you Oregon, you are going to need more than that, I do not like where this is heading.
View Quote

I too grew up in the times of respect. Appreciate your support of good luck...
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if we can do a recall election on the replacement governor?  Would be nice to see Richardson get in there and restore balance to the train wreck that which is Salem.  I also wonder how many other D's down there are clenching up and threw him under the bus so that the dogs get thrown off their scent?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder if we can do a recall election on the replacement governor?  Would be nice to see Richardson get in there and restore balance to the train wreck that which is Salem.  I also wonder how many other D's down there are clenching up and threw him under the bus so that the dogs get thrown off their scent?
View Quote

The speed and unanimity with which all the top dogs came out against him on Wed/Thurs made me wonder the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The speed and unanimity with which all the top dogs came out against him on Wed/Thurs made me wonder the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if we can do a recall election on the replacement governor?  Would be nice to see Richardson get in there and restore balance to the train wreck that which is Salem. I also wonder how many other D's down there are clenching up and threw him under the bus so that the dogs get thrown off their scent?

Agreed.  I'm no conspiracy theorist but it's pretty obvious a lot of Dems want this mess pushed under the rug ASAP.  There's an awful lot of folks in Salem who, if they didn't outright participate in Ol' Cylvia's improprieties, at least knew about them, and kept their mouths shut despite all their supposed "ethics" training.

Which also forces one to wonder... how many R's saw this coming and said nothing, too?

As far as a recall... Too much of OR will vote for anyone with a D next to their name no matter what.  You had to be living under a rock to not know something was seriously wrong about Kitz & Hayes prior to the election.  Apparently, a good portion of Multco and Washco do, in fact, live under rocks.  This "scandal" won't faze them.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I'm no conspiracy theorist but it's pretty obvious a lot of Dems want this mess pushed under the rug ASAP.  There's an awful lot of folks in Salem who, if they didn't outright participate in Ol' Cylvia's improprieties, at least knew about them, and kept their mouths shut despite all their supposed "ethics" training.

Which also forces one to wonder... how many R's saw this coming and said nothing, too?

As far as a recall... Too much of OR will vote for anyone with a D next to their name no matter what.  You had to be living under a rock to not know something was seriously wrong about Kitz & Hayes prior to the election.  Apparently, a good portion of Multco and Washco do, in fact, live under rocks.  This "scandal" won't faze them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if we can do a recall election on the replacement governor?  Would be nice to see Richardson get in there and restore balance to the train wreck that which is Salem. I also wonder how many other D's down there are clenching up and threw him under the bus so that the dogs get thrown off their scent?

While I do agree, there are 2 things that might change that.  #1 Pot wouldn't be on the ballot so turn out would be significantly lower.  #2  Richardson only lost by 70k votes.  I think that gap would be closed in a recall election due to the current scandal and the likely undecided "voters" apathy.  Mix in the lack of the pot turn out and I bet Richardson could win.  Especially if more dirt gets dug up.  I think it would be pretty easy to throw the D's under the bus.  Plus I don't think they would have a strong candidate and would have to solely rely on the Brand power of the D which could easily be thrown down.  And frankly I think there are some seriously entrenched D's in Portland and Eugene, but I think there are a lot more Sheep that could be steered the other way given enough gentle prodding.  Especially if the media holds onto this story (which is doubtful).  At the very least I am all for Gridlock at this point.  If they are all locked up in scandal and running for the hills, it means the idjits in Salem can't further ruin our state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I have been told that the turnout* by those who were one-issue voters this last election cycle (i.e. pot legalization) was extremely high and that many of those same one-issue voters reported that they would not have taken part in voting had it not been for the pot measure.  And since an overwhelming majority of those one-issue voters also cast their votes for governor in favor of Kitzhaber (as well as every D that got a new/returning seat in the state house and senate), we can thank the pot initiative for where we are now: the laughing stock of the nation, looking down the barrel of a progressive leftist in control of the highest office in the state overseeing a house and senate with leftist super-majorities.  Oh, and also add in reports that Bloomberg is starting to funnel money into our state.  Thanks, pot!

*by turnout of course I mean those who returned their ballots since no one in this state actually "turns out" for voting anymore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wonder if we can do a recall election on the replacement governor?  Would be nice to see Richardson get in there and restore balance to the train wreck that which is Salem.
View Quote

I agree, it would be nice to see Richardson in office, and I hope he runs again in 2016.

But I think an attempted recall on Kate Brown would backfire, if a recall is even possible. (Absent a crime having occurred, I don't know if you can recall someone who was constitutionally appointed to office.)

You recall a governor when they have failed their duties as governor.  Since Brown isn't even governor yet, any serious recall talk this early would likely be seen as petty, and perhaps an abuse of the recall mechanism.  Brown would very likely survive the recall, and emerge emboldened and strengthened.

Knowing the Oregon GOP has a propensity towards shooting itself in the foot, I wouldn't be surprised if they were plotting a recall at this very moment.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Knowing the Oregon GOP has a propensity towards shooting itself in the foot, I wouldn't be surprised if they were plotting a recall at this very moment.
View Quote

Ugh.  The GOP in OR is Terrible.  I wish they would just give up and let the libertarians have at it.  They have had sooooo many chances to change their image and do things to drive the D's out or to make themselves more appealing, but it just ain't happening.  I would equate it to one of those old time businesses that refuses to modernize and use computers or more efficient systems because what they are doing has always worked in the past, only to find out that everything has passed them by.  It's really sad.  Wish it would change.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Whoopsies.  

Now it looks like the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee back in D.C. has noticed that not only does Kitz like to delete emails, he also was at the helm for the biggest disaster of all of the 0bamacare roll-out.  

And apparently they'd like some answers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Whoopsies.  

Now it looks like the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee back in D.C. has noticed that not only does Kitz like to delete emails, he also was at the helm for the biggest disaster of all of the 0bamacare roll-out.  

And apparently they'd like some answers.
View Quote

Maybe that is what they were hoping to avoid? Maybe there are some other players that might lose some face or political office over this?

Wonder how long the idiots in this state will continue to vote for terrible pols just because they have a D after their name.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#38]
It seems like every couple of days there's more and more to be learned about this disaster.  

Late last week/early this week Kate Brown announced that there would be a criminal investigation into who leaked the damning emails and also said that there would be no changes to the heads of any department.

Now there's this.

Willamette Week Article

Seems Kitzhaber, while telling the state that he was getting to the bottom of what went wrong with the $305m disaster that was Cover Oregon, he knew damn well what went wrong.  He had placed a former campaign manager to investigate why  Cover Oregon was such an unmitigated disaster.  This campaign manager, a woman named Patricia McCraig though she prefers to be called "the Princess of Darkness", stated that she basically had no idea how to implement it or any background in health care or insurance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top