Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 8:50:35 PM EDT
As the title says. I couldn't find the thread that's probably here somewhere.

TIA.

ac
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
normally i use frontline arms, but right now the shop is closed, because Casey is recovering from a car accident.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Pat with Oregon research labs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:39:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have always used  A cut above pawn in beaverton.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have always used  A cut above pawn in beaverton.
View Quote

This.  When I need an outgoing transfer,  they are my best bet.  I used to use them for incoming, but transfers are free at work.  

I'm assuming you are looking for Class 1 transfers, right?  If you need Class 3 stuff,  Tornado Tech has been great to me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all who posted.

A summary for anyone who may be curious:

Several gun stores charge $35 per item transferred, plus the additional (required) background check fee ($10) per transaction. Some charge a bit more (or less) for transfers, and some offer a reduced transfer fee for additional items on a single transaction.

From my conversation with them today, A Cut Above Pawn charges $25 for the first item transferred (including background check), and $15 for each additional item per transaction. (Equivalent to $15 per item transferred, plus $10 background check per transaction.)

The difference can add up when doing multiple transfers on a single transaction.

Pat at ORL has been great (and competitively priced - including multiple transfers per transaction) for me in the past. Don't hesitate to use him. He's just a bit farther out than works for me right now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
There's Triple S Arms just south of Forest Grove. Tornado Tech does transfers, but I am not sure what they charge.  They are over off of Corn Pass in Hillsboro.  You could always go to Beavercreek Armory and get ripped off .  Then there is JC Weaponry out in Sherwood, Fort Moe Arms out in the Milwaukie, and I am probably missing a few.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Fort Moe was painless and very reasonable. And close....
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:19:32 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're in SE, 99 Pawn on McLoughlin charges $20 plus the required $10 background check fee. I've used them several times without issue.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Curt's discount on mcloughlin, charges $25 plus $10 background for first item. Plus $10 for each additional item (from same FFL) $65 max so if you bought 10 lowers, it's 65 plus background.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use Pat with Oregon research labs.
View Quote

Yup.  Well worth the drive to Vernonia to see the hippy.  Been going there for almost a decade.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#11]
A Cut Above Pawn has been my go to for transfers. Used Tigard Pawn 4 Less recently because they're closer to our new home. Both do $25 transfers. For Class 3 transfers Fort Moe is great.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I no longer deal with A Cut Above.

The new owner is a dick and a tool bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top