Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2015 11:57:26 PM EDT
Well I'm often in the Portland Metro area on the weekends. Anyone know of any burger shops worth checking out in and around the area?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Rogue Kobe Burger-gtg
Gruners-gtg
Burger Guild (foodcart)-was ok
Parish-was ok
Swift Lounge-gtg

Not a burger but if I were you I would skip the burger and be at Lardo when they open (1100) and get the porcetta
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
paddy's irish pub downtown has a burger with corned beef on it. that burger is LIFE CHANGING
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
paddy's irish pub downtown has a burger with corned beef on it. that burger is LIFE CHANGING
View Quote

Do they allow minors in there?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Helvatia Tavern is pretty good.  Baker's Burgers in Hillsboro was pretty hard to beat for a non-grilled burger and they have excellent fries.  Haven't really ventured into Portland proper for burgers.  Plenty of good options on the westside so I rarely venture east unless I am looking for something ethnic or more exotic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:19:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't think so.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like Killer Burger in Sellwood...every burger has bacon. Period.
And fries are always included.

Really a great burger. Good service and good beer. Minors no problem...get there at dinner (6) and be prepared to wait for a table.
Two other locations...Sandy Blvd (really small) and somewhere else...

Welcome!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
They are a bit spendy,  but the burgers at Tilt are pretty good.  The fries with gravy and bacon are fantastic too.  One order of fries should feed three people if they all eat a burger.  

I need to try out some of those other places though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I really like Killer Burger in Sellwood...every burger has bacon. Period.
And fries are always included.

Really a great burger. Good service and good beer. Minors no problem...get there at dinner (6) and be prepared to wait for a table.
Two other locations...Sandy Blvd (really small) and somewhere else...

Welcome!
View Quote

My buddy apparently went to one of their other locations on Wednesday, said it was excellent and I trust his taste in food... So apparently Killer Burger is good.  

I might have to make a trip to Portland for that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I go to Foster burger on se Foster once in a while... Pretty decent poutine too... Right next door is devils point, if you are into tatted up goth strippers playing with fire!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
killerburger is awesome
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
BJ's pub in Jantzen Beach had a good burger!  Beers not ad either
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:25:54 AM EDT
[#12]
It's been like 8 years since I ate there, but Cafe Castagna on Hawthorne had one of the best burgers I've ever eaten.  They have fries cooked in goose fat, too.  It's the cafe offshoot of the fancy pants restaurant next door. If you time it right, you can get a burger at happy hour prices. http://castagnarestaurant.com/index.html?page_id=630

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
killerburger is awesome
View Quote

I have now made two trips to Killer Burger.  

I will be going again.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#14]
The old country kitchen steak house on S.E. 105 and Stark used to do a really good burger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:44:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Killer Burger. There is no other option...just, Killer Burger
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#16]
KillerBurger. KillerBurger. KillerBurger.

Burger + Shot + Beer special. $15 and good to go.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Lew's in Estacada is pretty good, a bunch to choose from
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Tried Killer Burger last week. Now time figure out the next establishment to visit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#20]
PDX sliders was pretty damn good when i went there. They are a foodcart in sellwood.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been working down the burger list lately.  Here is my tally up;

Killer Burger:  Killer,  Epic, Black Molly and Barnyard.  All were excellent but the Black Molly was my least favorite.  Epic was my favorite...  Pulled pork, bacon and burger!

Tilt:  Classic single/double with bacon,  Big Tilt,  Bacon gravy fries.  The big tilt was delicious but expensive for having no sides.  I now only go during their happy hour special and get a classic.  The fries are two for one during happy hour as well.  

Lardo's:  Double Burger and dirty fries.  It has porkstrami and the meat is very good.  Burger was extremely tasty,  fries were ok but they got cold very quick which was a bad combo for having so many roasted peppers on top.  They were tasty when hot though.

The Original:  Doughnut burger sliders and poutine.  I would do this again any time I was in the area.  It was probably my second favorite meat of all the burgers and the weird glazed doughnut contrast was pretty exciting.  Also... Poutine.  You might think this was awesome if you knew what it was.  

Bar Bar:  Classic burger.  It was decent and the most affordable of all the burgers mentioned (Except some Happy Hour specials).  My buddy had one of their seasonal specials that had bacon on it and shared a bite of it.  Their bacon was probably the best of all,  so if you get a burger there,  get the bacon.  

Best bang for the buck:  Killer.  Even with bottomless fries,  you'll be full before you even ask for a second helping.  Even my 300# buddy skipped on seconds.  During happy hour makes it the best option by far.  Bar Bar was a decent value, but on the burgers worth eating you'll end up paying for it.  
However,  if you go during the happy hour and are bringing several people to help with the food,  Tilt is a great place because the fries can feed 2-3 people each as a side.  

I have a few more burger places on my list but I've had some delays on getting my ass out to them.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I cant believe no-one mentioned Stanichs ultimate burger and fries. They are still the best.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#23]
TILT makes a damn fine sammich.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I cant believe no-one mentioned Stanichs ultimate burger and fries. They are still the best.
View Quote

They are in my list of places to try.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Try Little Big Burger and The Green Dragon. They are both good.

If your feeling frisky go to The Acropolis and sing Rodney Carrington to yourself while you eat.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#26]
There should be a tacked thread on burgers in PDX / Metro area.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well I'm often in the Portland Metro area on the weekends. Anyone know of any burger shops worth checking out in and around the area?
View Quote

The best burger in the Portland metro area currently is at "The Firside Grill" in Beaverton off of Hall Blvd.

Kent
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#29]
No one mentioned Stanich's yet?

ETA: Oh, I just saw that someone did already, thank goodness.  I can honestly say I never had a better burger in a cooler joint.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The best burger in the Portland metro area currently is at "The Firside Grill" in Beaverton off of Hall Blvd.

Kent
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kent

If I wake up on time,  I'm going there for breakfast tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#31]
after class yesterday i went across the street to bakers burgers in hillsburrito  and had a damn good burger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top