Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2015 10:08:23 PM EDT
So after being away for what feels like an eternity, The wife unit and I have decided to Pack up the house and kids and return to my place of birth. Been in Wyoming for a while and am not sure exactly where to look for a decent job? If any one knows of any place hiring for an auto tech, let me know. We are figuring we will be moving to the west side but we know we can make it work as long as I can avoid living in Portland! anyway figured I would say hi and hope to meet up with some of you guys.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I do believe auto tech jobs are pretty easily had out here.  I know at my dad's shop in N Idaho they are having a heck of a time finding people for the mechanic's side of the shop.  The town is semi-rural but there are at least a dozen or 2 shops there and still there is a lack of candidates for it there.  I am 99% sure there is a lot of the same issues out here on the westsiiieed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome home!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Ill put feelers out with the tool truck guys in my area- see if anyone is actively looking. Thats what Ive done in the past, look up the local Snap on dealer and ask if you can meet for lunch to talk about the prospects in town.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ill put feelers out with the tool truck guys in my area- see if anyone is actively looking. Thats what Ive done in the past, look up the local Snap on dealer and ask if you can meet for lunch to talk about the prospects in town.
View Quote

That would be awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the guys that frequents the OHTF owns a shop in Happy Valley,  but his reputation after many drunken nights at the keyboard isn't necessarily stellar.  

Not sure how he's doing for employees,  but he is local.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive been told one shop is for sure looking for an A tech in the Corvallis area. Ive heard pay at this shop is middle of the road for the area. I dont know much else about the shop. IM me if you want contact info. Ill ask our Napa sales guy too come Monday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top