Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2015 8:30:59 PM EDT
Has anybody seen handgun powder for sale locally recently? I've been using Red Dot shotgun powder for loading .45 and 9mm and it works great but I'm down to my last 1.5 lbs. Would like to avoid having to make a big online order to offset the hazmat fee.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I saw two pounds of Titegroup at the Hillsboro Bi-Mart today.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
A bi mart in Eugene had two different powders a couple of days ago.  One was "Performance" or some such and a four digit numbered powder I wasn't familiar with.  Along with the usual BP subs.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Any other powders that you are willing to use?  

I have a couple unopened cans sitting around if you can't find anything.  I can't recall which powders off hand though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a couple unopened cans sitting around if you can't find anything.  I can't recall which powders off hand though.
View Quote

I've only used Titegroup and Red Dot so far, but I'm willing to try something else if it works well in .45 an 9mm. I'm not familiar will all the powders but if you have something that you know works I'd be interested. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think I saw two pounds of Titegroup at the Hillsboro Bi-Mart today.
View Quote

Oh man, I'd buy that in a second if I knew it would be there if I made a trip.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Kurt's had HS6 last time I checked.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, check curt's, sportsman's and fishermans.  They seem to have had powder rolling through some what lately.  I found some IMR 4756 a year or so ago and have been loading 40sw with it and have had good luck.  Haven't run it on a 45 or 9mm.  But I have a little bit of other powders for that.  I think we will start to see more powders in stock going into spring, hopefully.  I really want to load up if we start to see more come available.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've only used Titegroup and Red Dot so far, but I'm willing to try something else if it works well in .45 an 9mm. I'm not familiar will all the powders but if you have something that you know works I'd be interested. Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only things that appear un-opened are HS-6 and VihtaVuori N340.  

Both can load both calibers,  but the N340 really shines with subsonic 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top