Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2014 11:43:10 AM EDT
Yesterday I took a drive up to Hariet Lake,  in the foothills of the Mt. Hood Nat. Forest...found some snow, water falls, and very few folks...
Good day all in all...

Found this structure being built in the North Fork resevoir up there...per the PGE website, this is what it is.
Surface Collector

I still think it's a fema ship but what do I know....it's really out of place up there...

From PGE link...

Promontory Marina, including the boat ramp and store, is closed to all public
access until summer 2016. PGE needs to use the marina area to construct a new
structure, called the North Fork Surface Collector, which will improve
downstream fish passage of salmon and steelhead. The Surface Collector is
required under PGE’s federal license to operate hydroelectric power facilities on
the Clackamas River. The marina is the only space in the area large enough to
assemble the structure and deploy it on the reservoir

The North Fork Surface Collector will be a floating barge outfitted with pumps
and screens that will funnel fish into a collection pipe for safe passage
downstream. The structure will be approximately 60 feet wide by 150 feet long
and will float in the reservoir near North Fork Dam.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like an ARFCOM fort. Gather supplies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
All I know is that my buddy has a boat and we pull limits of trout out of there every time we go. I think they are just going to float that thing down by the damn to put the fish over.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear that road is open now. I may have to take a drive before too much weather sets in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to hear that road is open now. I may have to take a drive before too much weather sets in.
View Quote

I made it pass Ripplebrook and about three miles from Timothy Lake...hoping to get to Hwy26.
Turn around after about 6" of snow, and it was coming down. Might have made it but did not have overnight gear with me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Well it looks like I had better hurry up. I have in laws in town this weekend, might have to grab a friend with another rig and make a run for it.

I wonder how far behind schedule the fish mothership is because of the road closure.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
They put in one of those on Swift Reservoir up here a couple years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top