Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've pirchased three guns and nfa'd four items before this delay, which is now going on like 52 days. Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:05:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've pirchased three guns and nfa'd four items before this delay, which is now going on like 52 days. Ridiculous.
View Quote

I talked with an FFL today about your situation. (Yeah, I was buying another gun and yeah I passed in 30 seconds or less) He said somebody probably entered your paperwork wrong, made a simple mistake. He said he double checks his paperwork and he has had delays, caught his mistake, called OSP and clarified and it went right through. It they made a mistake it will just sit there forever and say "delayed". Think about it, you know when you are filling out forms online how the computor won't let you proceed if you "entered the wrong value"? Same thing. One digit off on the DL, one letter off on your name, ect.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I talked with an FFL today about your situation. (Yeah, I was buying another gun and yeah I passed in 30 seconds or less) He said somebody probably entered your paperwork wrong, made a simple mistake. He said he double checks his paperwork and he has had delays, caught his mistake, called OSP and clarified and it went right through. It they made a mistake it will just sit there forever and say "delayed". Think about it, you know when you are filling out forms online how the computor won't let you proceed if you "entered the wrong value"? Same thing. One digit off on the DL, one letter off on your name, ect.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the drivers license number and information doesn't match dmv records the system flags it before it gets submitted for processing. Most gun shops catch this, double check info and then submit. A delay this long is usually because OSP is waiting for information from another agency.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds to me like Oregon has a little 'delay' action on the books somewhere down the line.

I've had one delay (in Colorado) that lasted one day. I asked the gunstore and they told me "It's a random delay, your name gets picked and you have to wait."
I waited and the next day the LGS called me up on the cell and said "You're approved, come pick it up."
The other times no delay for both long-gun or a pistol.
This delay was for another long-gun.
View Quote

I had the same BS from california with a transferee firearm. I told them either release if according to the law or refund my money and mail it to a dealer that knows oregon law. They released the gun and we all moved on. No delays on purchases since.

Man up and tell the dealer what's what
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had the same BS from california with a transferee firearm. I told them either release if according to the law or refund my money and mail it to a dealer that knows oregon law. They released the gun and we all moved on. No delays on purchases since.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds to me like Oregon has a little 'delay' action on the books somewhere down the line.

I've had one delay (in Colorado) that lasted one day. I asked the gunstore and they told me "It's a random delay, your name gets picked and you have to wait."
I waited and the next day the LGS called me up on the cell and said "You're approved, come pick it up."
The other times no delay for both long-gun or a pistol.
This delay was for another long-gun.

Lol, yes thats the law, but no dealer in their right mind is going to release a firearm without an approval number from OSP. Ultimately the responsibility falls on the FFL and if a firearm is released and that person comes back denied, they're in deep shit. And could lose their license.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 4:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol, yes thats the law, but no dealer in their right mind is going to release a firearm without an approval number from OSP. Ultimately the responsibility falls on the FFL and if a firearm is released and that person comes back denied, they're in deep shit. And could lose their license.
View Quote

yep, 1 month after the projected delay, I'm still waiting for my shit. This is fucking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you go back in and start a new BG and 4473? See if it magically gos through. Go buy a gun else where just to see if that one gos through.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

If a dealer does allow the release of a firearm after the 3 business days from the initial bgc they SHOULD be calling into OSP to report the transfer of the firearm. If the dealer waits the 3 business days and reports the transfer to OSP then they are no longer responsible for the transaction. When I do a delay release I always make sure to clearly state to the customer that OSP has not reached a decision and should OSP determine that the application is denied that OSP has the right and will come to confiscate the weapon being applied for. And no refund will be given.

Personally if I know there's no reason for the application to be denied I'd just pick up the gun and be done with it. Yes it's an irritating process for the buyer. But more so for the dealer. At the point that a firearm is delayed now the dealer has that inventory tied up and cannot sell it unless the customer or the dealer decides to cancel the transaction.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
about 30 days over the 45 day delay, left more messages with the OSP firearms unit; no return call from them as of yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
about 30 days over the 45 day delay, left more messages with the OSP firearms unit; no return call from them as of yet.
View Quote

After 30 days on delay you are then allowed to go into the dealer have them cancel the original bgc and do another for the same firearm. You will have to pay the bgc fee again but you might receive a different disposition and get approved. There's no guarantee but you are allowed to do it
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Background checked delayed on December 1st -- 45 day projected delay; now 84 days since with no word on when it will be done.

Called OSP, had to leave a message since they don't give you a chance to talk to a real person -- no response. Talked to an OSP officer at the local office, said they can't do anything and its on Salem.

This is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Background checked delayed on December 1st -- 45 day projected delay; now 84 days since with no word on when it will be done.

Called OSP, had to leave a message since they don't give you a chance to talk to a real person -- no response. Talked to an OSP officer at the local office, said they can't do anything and its on Salem.

This is ridiculous.
View Quote

Thats insane. I thought they just give you the gun after so many days if OSP cant figure their shit out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine has been delayed since November and they moved it out to February now its out to April.
I'm going call  according to the dealer it MIGHT help.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mine has been delayed since November and they moved it out to February now its out to April.
I'm going call  according to the dealer it MIGHT help.
View Quote

I've left a message with OSP, they called me back today when I was sleeping, and pretty much I missed my window to talk to them because they referred me to call the help line that takes 5 weeks for them to get back to you if I had questions.

This is fucking worse than any shit I had to deal with in California.

For the record, in the same time period I've been granted an SF86 security clearance by a federal agency, yet OSP can't determine if I'm clean enough to have Constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Dealer said that OSP gave me a March 3rd date for determination.

Guess what?

45 more days.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dealer said that OSP gave me a March 3rd date for determination.

Guess what?

45 more days.
View Quote

That is insane.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#17]
April 17th I got to check back -- 137 day wait by then. The OSP hotline called me back a couple weeks ago, and I was sleeping because I work nights. They gave me a return phone number that was the same automated line that takes them seven weeks to call back on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:38:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
April 17th I got to check back -- 137 day wait by then. The OSP hotline called me back a couple weeks ago, and I was sleeping because I work nights. They gave me a return phone number that was the same automated line that takes them seven weeks to call back on.
View Quote

So, progress?v
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So, progress?v
View Quote

The Oregon Firearms Federation facebook page had a post on expanding background checks and I replied their ridiculous already and that I've been waiting for 4 months now for my firearms; they provided a phone number to a gentleman named Matt who got me to a lady named Laurie who was able to approve the order and provide a pin for the background check people.

Picking up my Kimber Solo DC and SR15E3 Mod 1 this afternoon, picking my Surefire RC556 up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Oregon Firearms Federation facebook page had a post on expanding background checks and I replied their ridiculous already and that I've been waiting for 4 months now for my firearms; they provided a phone number to a gentleman named Matt who got me to a lady named Laurie who was able to approve the order and provide a pin for the background check people.

Picking up my Kimber Solo DC and SR15E3 Mod 1 this afternoon, picking my Surefire RC556 up tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, progress?v

Did they tell you why it was delayed so long

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#21]
waiting on documents from California since I had two things on my DMV record -- speeding tickets from 2007 and 2009.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
waiting on documents from California since I had two things on my DMV record -- speeding tickets from 2007 and 2009.
View Quote

Ah. A troublemaker, I see. No wonder.
I am amazed this hasn't gone through yet Doc.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Crap...I hope there not looking so deep as 1979 in California.....Thanks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top