Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2014 12:24:05 PM EDT
http://www.katu.com/politics/Democrats-on-track-to-control-Oregon-Legislature--281581431.html

Don't get comfy seeing all that red across the nation because on the home front people do intend to do us harm.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the sour notes of last night. That and what happened in Wa Keep the pressure on!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I am purely speechless, how could people vote for some of these criminals?  Lack of research? Lack of braincells??? or what???
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am purely speechless, how could people vote for some of these criminals?  Lack of research? Lack of braincells??? or what???
View Quote

Increased stoner voter turnout!  Once too lazy and high to vote, now had a good reason to lay down the funyuns and drag their asses off their moms couch in the basement.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 to above.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Increased stoner voter turnout!  Once too lazy and high to vote, now had a good reason to lay down the funyuns and drag their asses off their moms couch in the basement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vote by mail. No need to leave couch or put down the funyuns.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With vote by mail they really don't need to put down anything or get off any couch.  They just need to know how to operate a pen and a stamp and be able to walk to a mailbox..

ETA: Beat by less than a minute.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

With vote by mail they really don't need to put down anything or get off any couch.  They just need to know how to operate a pen and a stamp and be able to walk to a mailbox..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Although a seemingly easy task, to the common stoner, you might as well be asking him to build the great pyramids!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Not looking forward to the next legislative session, I think we're f*cked!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be making extra donations to OFF this coming year.

We need to hold their feet to the fire if we are going to have any chance at all in holding back anti-gun legislation.

If we go the way of Colorado, Connecticut, New York, etc., I will be looking for a new job in a different state.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
This is going to be a rough year. Donate, write, call, fax, etc. Don't let it just happen.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#11]
The Prepare Your Anus mailout from OFF tonite...

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/2014-elections

Ends with....

"Oregon Firearms Federation is a political organization. Our focus is on
winning political battles through activism. But we cannot underestimate
the threats to your rights based on the changes in the Oregon
Legislature and the introduction of limitless funds by those who want to
steal your freedom.  While we urge you to prepare for the political
battles ahead and be a part of this fight, you should also consider
making any preparations now to deal with potential bans and
confiscations."
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Prepare Your Anus mailout from OFF tonite...

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/2014-elections

Ends with....

"Oregon Firearms Federation is a political organization. Our focus is on winning political battles through activism. But we cannot underestimate the threats to your rights based on the changes in the Oregon Legislature and the introduction of limitless funds by those who want to steal your freedom.  While we urge you to prepare for the political battles ahead and be a part of this fight, you should also consider making any preparations now to deal with potential bans and confiscations."
View Quote

If you're not a member of OFF and you're an Oregon gun owner or believe in the idea of self defense, liberty, etc. you need to join NOW! OFF membership is 100 times more important than the NRA as history has shown they rarely support local level issues in Oregon & have even been wishy-washy flip flopping on things like background checks. If you have enough extra income donate whatever you can, as they will need the help with ads & filing lawsuits, etc. if it comes to that. And if you haven't claimed the political campaign fund right off this year a $50 donation is tax deductible when given to their PAC.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:45:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Ugh.  Last night was disgusting.  County results were OK and my local reps are solid but they won't be able to stop what's coming down the pike... hell, we'll soon find out if they're even willing to try.  

Kitzhaber's win is just more proof that liberalism is a disease.  Last night he was talking about "healing" after a tumultuous election.  I give it a month before he's talking about his fucking "voter mandate".  Probably less.

As for the state Senate... not even done counting the votes and they're already pitching their agenda: the clean fuels bill, banning coal trains, gun control, road taxes, carbon taxes, tax this, tax that...

Fuck this shit.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate to say it, but I expect that Oregon is in Bloomberg's sights for a similar ballot measure to what Washington just got saddled with.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Although a seemingly easy task, to the common stoner, you might as well be asking him to build the great pyramids!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some data is coming back that looks to be indicating that the marijuana initiative got more liberally-leaning voters and people who rarely vote to turn out than they usually see.  So perhaps that ballot measure not only gave our kids easier access to weed, but also a fourth term for the good Dr. and a democrat-held congress.  Yay.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Only 15 out of 50 states now have Democrat governors. 2/3 of all state legislatures are under Republican control in one form or another to act as a brake for the liberal agenda.

It is not a good sign that Oregon went in the opposite direction from the Republican wave the sweep the country. As of now we have no brake for the liberal agenda in this state. Both our governor and attorney general has expressed their desire to follow the CT and NY state model of "common sense" gun safety. In fact our current Attorney General wrote a brief supporting NY in its fight to up hold the Safe Act.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hate to say it, but I expect that Oregon is in Bloomberg's sights for a similar ballot measure to what Washington just got saddled with.  
View Quote

I hate to say it, but I almost wish that the federal BG bill passed last year. We at least would have had some good come from it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Ginny Burdick is probably licking her chops for the next session. We are going to have a hell of a fight on our hands, I hope the wounds me may be licking are minor.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Senate district 15 called for Riley, giving Dems an 18-12 lead in the senate.

Damn this next session is going to be tough to watch.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One of the sour notes of last night. That and what happened in Wa Keep the pressure on!
View Quote

What happened in WA?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What happened in WA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened in WA?

I-594
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#22]
The Seattle Times reports that the winners in Washington State are already planning more gun control by popular vote in that state. The Washington group has also said if  Oregon lawmakers do not pass gun control this session they will put it on the ballot for 2016.  The Seattle Times reporter said Bloomberg, Bill Gates etc. are feeling very empowered from their victory and view Oregon as low hanging fruit because of hits dark blue color..
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Seattle Times reports that the winners in Washington State are already planning more gun control by popular vote in that state. The Washington group has also said if  Oregon lawmakers do not pass gun control this session they will put it on the ballot for 2016.  The Seattle Times reporter said Bloomberg, Bill Gates etc. are feeling very empowered from their victory and view Oregon as low hanging fruit because of hits dark blue color..
View Quote

Whatever. I'm done complying with whatever bullshit laws they try to shove down my throat, and I can't wait to tell them that to their faces.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#24]
You can tell them your unhappy, but the bottom line is they have extended their control a bit more into every ones life. Disobey and they get to hit you with an arrest record to follow you.

This is all about control.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Whatever. I'm done complying with whatever bullshit laws they try to shove down my throat, and I can't wait to tell them that to their faces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
You can tell them your unhappy, but the bottom line is they have extended their control a bit more into every ones life. Disobey and they get to hit you with an arrest record to follow you.

The only saving grace in all this is that Oregon state government can't usually find its ass from a hole in the ground... and from a law-enforcement perspective, outside of a few cities, plain old doesn't have the ability (or will) to enforce most of this.  So, yeah... "fuck off" is a response that might actually work pretty well in most of the state.

The really insidious part about all this ballot-measure bullshit is that it essentially pits neighbor against neighbor.  When state legislatures enact unpopular measures, there's a locus for the ire.  When the same thuggery is shoved down peoples' throats by ballot measure, it's essentially your own friends, neighbors, relatives fucking you over... while hiding (or not) behind a secret ballot.

It's a tactic designed expressly to fracture communities, sow distrust, and marginalize people in the worst way possible.  And it's a tactic that liberal America apparently is 100% OK with.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only saving grace in all this is that Oregon state government can't usually find its ass from a hole in the ground... and from a law-enforcement perspective, outside of a few cities, plain old doesn't have the ability (or will) to enforce most of this.  So, yeah... "fuck off" is a response that might actually work pretty well in most of the state.

The really insidious part about all this ballot-measure bullshit is that it essentially pits neighbor against neighbor.  When state legislatures enact unpopular measures, there's a locus for the ire.  When the same thuggery is shoved down peoples' throats by ballot measure, it's essentially your own friends, neighbors, relatives fucking you over... while hiding (or not) behind a secret ballot.

It's a tactic designed expressly to fracture communities, sow distrust, and marginalize people in the worst way possible.  And it's a tactic that liberal America apparently is 100% OK with.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And there is only one end to that road.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:23:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can thumb your nose at the law, but the problem will be like in CO where magazine limit bans were enacted no one will ship magazines into the state anymore over the new ban limit. From AP press reports the anti-gun groups in WA state are already talking about a ballot measure to ban full capacity magazines in the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top