Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 2:58:09 PM EDT
Mew to the Pacific northwest.Living near Olympia,Wa now and heard a day/overnight trip to Astoria would be cool..thoughts??
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Love Astoria , beautiful little town. If you are into breweries it's the place to go.  I'm sure there are other things to do in Astoria but I couldn't be pried away from the bar.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They used to have an "underground tour"...cool when I did that years ago
Maritime museum
Fort Stevens, they have old WWII buildings and a museum...across the bridge (10 minutes) is Fort Columbia
Meth...if your into that sort of thing...

Fort Columbia
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Goonies never say die
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
BABY RUTH.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
stay at the cannery pier hotel. have the car take you to ft George brewing. If your not into beer go have dinner at the columbian. eat whatever he tells you to eat. sit at the "bar".
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
One of my friends lives out there,  so my knowledge of the place is fairly limited,  but I have had to find some fun stuff to do.

I tend to make a lunch stop at the Wet Dog cafe.  It has a very nice view,  the food is pretty good and they have their own craft brews.  The staff is kind of socially awkward (or at least the two that always serve me),  but friendly.  

The beach is kind of nice.  Just a relaxing time to hang out and socialize with friends.  

I also make a point of mocking the sea lions before I leave.  They are such amusing assholes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Tuna fish & chips at the Bowpicker. It's the only thing they sell.

http://www.bowpicker.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top