Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2014 1:07:27 AM EDT
Looks like I'll be moving to Portland for a year early next year and I would like to have my SBR's with me while I'm there.  What is the best legal way to get my SBR's there?  

Would I have to ship them to an FFL there?

Could I drive them there if i found a route through only Nevada and in to Oregon avoiding driving in CA all together?

Also, are gun laws in Oregon similar to AZ?  I plan on bringing the rest of my collection which includes various AR's, handguns, shotguns, 30-40rnd mags, drum mags 75-100rnd, 17rnd handgun mags, any issue with these type of items there?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Just let the ATF know of the new address. And as long as you can bypass the bad states you're golden. Also apply for a ccw ASAP. Oregon does not recognize any others. Although it's easy to get one once you're here. Welcome!! (Soon)
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just let the ATF know of the new address. And as long as you can bypass the bad states you're golden. Also apply for a ccw ASAP. Oregon does not recognize any others. Although it's easy to get one once you're here. Welcome!! (Soon)
View Quote

Thanks!  Yes I hold a CCW in AZ but unfortunately Oregon does not recognize it.  As soon as I establish an address in Oregon I will be comleting the $10 online course and submitting my application!

What about the legality of my other gun stuff, high cap mags in particular?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You can have everything here that you have there except a year round natural sun tan.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can have everything here that you have there except a year round natural sun tan.
View Quote

HAHA, nice! Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
ATF Form 5320.20 for the Class III stuff. IIRC Suppressors do not need ATF approval to be moved interstate, but you might as well so you don't wind up in a conundrum with an LEO ignorant of the law.

Non Class III stuff just pack it and move it.

Do be careful with Kalifornia. I moved up here from Tempe in 2003 and Kalifornia proclaims to not give a shit about the '86 GOPA. If something happened and they took everything away, you could go to court, fight them and maybe win, but thats a lot of time and money. Might consider the scenic drive up to Vegas then Reno rather than I-5 or 99, still have a little corner of CA to cut across, but only 100-miles or so. Hate LA so would always take I-10 out to Quartzsite then zig-zag across the dessert a bit, cross the border at Parker, to Needles turn left onto I-40 to Bakersfield (<-shares the shithole-of-the-world-award with El Paso) then turn right up 99 to Sacremento... much nicer drive than I-10 to I-5.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ATF Form 5320.20 for the Class III stuff. IIRC Suppressors do not need ATF approval to be moved interstate, but you might as well so you don't wind up in a conundrum with an LEO ignorant of the law.

Non Class III stuff just pack it and move it.

Do be careful with Kalifornia. I moved up here from Tempe in 2003 and Kalifornia proclaims to not give a shit about the '86 GOPA. If something happened and they took everything away, you could go to court, fight them and maybe win, but thats a lot of time and money. Might consider the scenic drive up to Vegas then Reno rather than I-5 or 99, still have a little corner of CA to cut across, but only 100-miles or so. Hate LA so would always take I-10 out to Quartzsite then zig-zag across the dessert a bit, cross the border at Parker, to Needles turn left onto I-40 to Bakersfield (<-shares the shithole-of-the-world-award with El Paso) then turn right up 99 to Sacremento... much nicer drive than I-10 to I-5.
View Quote

Yeah I plan to avoid California all together but may have to drive through there for an hour or so unfortunately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top