Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 1:01:44 AM EDT
Hey Guys-

I recently acquired a Kahr CW9 and intend to get my OR CCW license. I'm interested in your opinions on holsters. I am a larger guy- 6' and 230#. I'm interesting in an IWB holster and am considering a hybrid or traditional (all-leather) model.

Do you guys wear hybrids or leather? Any recs for the Oregon climate?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I like leather over hybrids. This is the most comfortable and thinnest I have found, Ted Blocker. They're also made in Oregon.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
RDR Custom clip-on IWB is awesome!

21-years of carrying a concealed handgun, this is hands down the best I've ever used.

Fun review...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz41ZsV3bDw[/youtube]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a P40, which is the same size as a CW.  I had a custom kydex holster made by Junction City holsters which I am pleased with.  Slips on quickly and is easy to reholster.  I have an inexpensive leather holster which pretty much sucked.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
RKBA holsters.  They are out of Redmond OR, do good work and are good peoples.  Support the local guy.  I think he even posts around here sometimes.

And I prefer Hybrid holsters.  You get good retention, they are comfortable and generally work well.  When I carry the wife's CW9 in one I often forget its even there as its half the size and weight of my usual CCW.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used a Kramer IWB #3 for years for a Glock 17. Out of all the others I tried I always went back to this one.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RKBA holsters.  They are out of Redmond OR, do good work and are good peoples.  Support the local guy.  I think he even posts around here sometimes.

And I prefer Hybrid holsters.  You get good retention, they are comfortable and generally work well.  When I carry the wife's CW9 in one I often forget its even there as its half the size and weight of my usual CCW.
View Quote

He made one special for my USP T.  I like it a lot.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Gentlemen-

Thanks for all the info. I'll be looking in to those suggestions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top