Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 12:52:40 PM EDT
I've got a brother that just moved out to Eugene and I'm trying to help him find a Smith that can thread his rifle barrel.
I found a few instances from the search that recommended Ole's but also read it was closed.

Anyone care to suggest a shop that can do some clean threading? It's for a future can so the cleaner the work the better.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Koontz Custom Gunworks in salem is good, but he is way backed up all the time.  If your brother is willing to wait, Todd does good work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds good. I'll check them out and see about the wait.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ole's may be gone (even though they've been at a couple gunshows recently), but the smith the worked in their shop is still around. Has his own place in Keizer now.

Kevin's Gunsmithing
(503) 930-5160
1279 Candlewood Dr NE, Keizer, OR 97303

I believe his walk-in hours are 10a-6p Wed-Sat, other times by appointment.

I had a barrel cut, crowned, and threaded a couple weeks ago. I had it back in three days.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
this is great!
Thanks for the post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top