Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 12:35:38 AM EDT
Bee here a couple weeks working. I will bw here ubtil next Saturday. May be back for several weeks in 3 weeks.

What is there to do? Been to the zoo and Mississippi St as far down as Miss Delta. That place has great food,

So looking for places to eat , Things to do,

This week will be in Portland only of an evening after 4-5 pm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't like Portland much, mainly because I have to go there for work. To many libs. That said, it's home to one of the best retro arcades I've been too. Ground Kontrol. Check it out. It's not that far from voodoo donuts either...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Powell Books!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Ride naked!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to Pok Pok and get the wings.  The spicy boar collar is pretty fucking delicious as well.  

And as stated above, if you read at all, hit up Powell's Books.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I dig the Lan Su Chinese gardens.  Its a pretty cool place down in the pearl dist.  If you have a car, take a drive up to Timberline lodge.  Too bad you couldn't do it in the AM.  You could swing into Joe's Donuts in Sandy on the way up and get some killer donuts.  Probably some of the best in the state.  If you drink, this town is drowning in beer and whiskey.  After that I don't really know.  Not a ton to do in town imo.  I am more of a go out and enjoy the woods kind of guy myself.  I don't mind Portland, but I can only do it in small doses.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
if you like pizza with deliciously buttery crust, try Old Town Pizza. They have two locations. Go to the one on the east side of the river if you want a good pizza in a cool retro/reclaimed wood themed place. Go to the one on the west side if you want to see a bathroom decorated by the serial killer from the movie Seven.  

If you have time, a car, and like to hike, Angels Rest is a pretty cool place to go. It's in the gorge. Whatever you do, don't waste your time going to the tourist trap that is Multnomah Falls. It's pretty cool to look at from the bottom where the bridge is, but the hike is boring and the 'summit' is lame, even after they built the 'viewing platform'. Stop there for 20 mins, check it out from the bridge, then continue on down 84 to Angels Rest.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Titty bars bro, lots and lots of titty bars.

But if you don't like tits The woods are everywhere, go get lost

Sounds dumb, but the zoo here is pretty good. I have a weird thing about going to the zoo anywhere I visit

Go to Astoria and you can see the house and jail from The Goonies
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top