Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 10:53:35 PM EDT
Anyone go to this or get any info?  Love to know results

Link to Hearing info at OFF
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]

"While the hearing subject was listed as “Lead Ammunition Survey” there is no doubt that what will be coming down the road is an attempt to ban lead ammo.

If some of the more extreme anti-hunting activists have their way, the ban will be on all lead ammo, not just ammo used in hunting."

Here's a good write-up from OFF

Ammo Ban Hearing Results
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
To save the Condors?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To save the Condors?  
View Quote

Evidently at one time Condors were native to southern Oregon or that is what is being claimed.  The goal of the Condor people is to reintroduce Condors into that part of Oregon. They say a lead ban will be needed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Evidently at one time Condors were native to southern Oregon or that is what is being claimed.  The goal of the Condor people is to reintroduce Condors into that part of Oregon. They say a lead ban will be needed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To save the Condors?  

that is bullshit, the only place in oregon that condors have ever lived is the zoo
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Of course, these same people want more windmills. And those are really good for birds.

Bye-bye Birdy
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

that is bullshit, the only place in oregon that condors have ever lived is the zoo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To save the Condors?  

I read some articles put out by the Condor crowd saying that Condors lived in Southern Oregon. It was part of some presentation or study they presented to ODFW.

The Condor could well used as the Spotted Owl was against the timber industry except this one will be against the use of lead bullets. They have been quite effective in California getting lead bullets banned. It appears they may be moving North after their success in California..
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Condor or no Condor...The entire argument that hunter's gut piles having lead that kills the bird is BS. How could they have possibly tied the 2 together?

What are the odds that a Condor will feed off a gut pile? (plausible, but I imagine most gut piles are eaten by crows, cyotes, cougars, bazzards and a whole host of other things that will also be competing for the pile)

What are the odds that the bullet will be in the gut pile? I imagine about 30%. Sometimes the bullet will go right through, sometimes the bullet will get lodged with the meat. Other times it might be in the pile.

If it is in the pile it is not even guaranteed the bird will eat it.

If by some outside change all the stars align and the bird eats ONE bullet will it really get lead poisoning? I'm not a bird, but I imagine I could eat a bullet and not die of lead poisoning. Maybe if I ate one every day for a few weeks I might, but I doubt one will kill you.

What a bunch of BS!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Condor or no Condor...The entire argument that hunter's gut piles having lead that kills the bird is BS. How could they have possibly tied the 2 together?

What are the odds that a Condor will feed off a gut pile? (plausible, but I imagine most gut piles are eaten by crows, cyotes, cougars, bazzards and a whole host of other things that will also be competing for the pile)

What are the odds that the bullet will be in the gut pile? I imagine about 30%. Sometimes the bullet will go right through, sometimes the bullet will get lodged with the meat. Other times it might be in the pile.

If it is in the pile it is not even guaranteed the bird will eat it.

If by some outside change all the stars align and the bird eats ONE bullet will it really get lead poisoning? I'm not a bird, but I imagine I could eat a bullet and not die of lead poisoning. Maybe if I ate one every day for a few weeks I might, but I doubt one will kill you.

What a bunch of BS!
View Quote

Your using common sense the Condor crowd uses emotion. Emotion plays well in liberal states as can been seen from lead laws passed in Calf.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Condors that died in the wild were dissected (necropsy) and found to have bellies full of lead shot...

Kinda hard to argue that they aren't eating it when it's found in their stomachs. Also they exhibited signs and symptoms of lead poisoning prior to death.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Condors that died in the wild were dissected (necropsy) and found to have bellies full of lead shot...

Kinda hard to argue that they aren't eating it when it's found in their stomachs. Also they exhibited signs and symptoms of lead poisoning prior to death.
View Quote

Source?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top