Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:27:03 PM EDT
Hello,

I'm traveling up I5 next Friday and I would like to apply for a WA non resident carry permit.  Does any one have experience?  What town or county to go to?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't matter AFAIK. You will get a permit unless you're a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

I printed out the application from the Clark county sheriffs website.  I'll stop there on Friday morning.  I had assumed that it was like Oregon where some counties are more difficult to deal with when non-resident.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Let us know how it goes.  I need to get my carry permit in Washington and would like to hear how the process is.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Camus P.D.  Call ahead, quick in quick out, not a busy place.  Nice people too!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]

I just called the Camas PD and they were very helpful.  They even pointed out that the Clark County Sheriff website has the outdated form.  My mother was born and raised in Camas, so that's where I'm going.

Thanks

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Camus P.D.  Call ahead, quick in quick out, not a busy place.  Nice people too!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I applied at the Clark County Sheriff's office in Vancouver. Paid the fee, submitted the application, got the permit in the mail in about 30 days - easy peasy! :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, it was easy at the camas pd .  I arrived at 1115 Friday morning and was out by 1145.  They take finger prints but no photo.  You sign the actual document that you will be getting and they hang onto it until approved.  She was guessing 30 days but said that it could take up to 60.

They have the current applications there.  Don't bother to find one on line as most are out of date including the one on Clark county website.

I was the only customer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool. I gotta find time to get up there and do that. No appointment necessary?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cool. I gotta find time to get up there and do that. No appointment necessary?
View Quote

Correct, no appointment needed.

Sign on counter says appointments needed for prints but when I asked about it they explained that was just if you only needed prints for a job or whatever.

They take checks or cash.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Your other option is to get a UT permit, which you can do by mail. It's good in WA, and 30 or so other states.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
In the mail box today when I returned home was a letter from the Camas PD with my permit.  That's around 40 days I think.

The permit is on plain paper that I had previously signed.  I'll get it laminated.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Your other option is to get a UT permit, which you can do by mail. It's good in WA, and 30 or so other states.
View Quote

That is what my wife and I did.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#13]
That's pretty awesome Camas was willing to do it.

Definitely a better bet than CCSO just for the simple fact you avoid the jail traffic and the downtown crowd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top