Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2014 11:33:09 AM EDT
Anybody know anybody who can engrave a SBR locally?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Very current.  I'm looking for the same if you hear of any.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Theres a machine shop in Philomath that will do it.  Cant remember the name but its right next to Spindrift winery.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
West Coast Machine?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
West Coast Machine?
View Quote

I called a few months back. They had no idea what I was talking about.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Coast Machine?

I was wrong...I think Smith was talking about Torley (They are next door to that winery). Torley got back to me and said they will not work on firearms. Good to know about WCM. I won't bother.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was wrong...I think Smith was talking about Torley (They are next door to that winery). Torley got back to me and said they will not work on firearms. Good to know about WCM. I won't bother.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
West Coast Machine?

Must be a new place or guy.  The guy I used a few years back in that location didnt have a problem with it at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are willing to drive to Eugene, Laser Image has a new machine and will laser engrave your lower to spec.  

IIRC they also hold an FFL so you can ship them your lower to be engraved as well.

EDIT: they did one for me and i can vouch for his work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you are willing to drive to Eugene, Laser Image has a new machine and will laser engrave your lower to spec.  

IIRC they also hold an FFL so you can ship them your lower to be engraved as well.

EDIT: they did one for me and i can vouch for his work.
View Quote

Hours? Prices?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty sure he's 8-5.  I made a trade for the engraving but I'd say $25-40 depending on how complicated it is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI, the ATP regs require engravinig (they actually specify a min depth). If you are doing this for a SBR then you will want to engrave.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FYI, the ATP regs require engravinig (they actually specify a min depth). If you are doing this for a SBR then you will want to engrave.
View Quote

Laser company mentioned earlier is plenty capable of doing so.  Many lasers of the high dollar variety are more than capable of engraving into metals like aluminum and steel.  Min depth is .003, to put that in perspective, if you have a suppressor that is user serviceable the baffles are probably .005 smaller OD than the ID of your suppressor tube.

MARKING REQUIREMENTS – NFA
FIREARMS (27 CFR § 479.102)
snip....
For firearms manufactured, imported, or made on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of this information must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch.
snip...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top