Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/6/2014 10:42:43 PM EDT
Not sure what exactly happened but due to shitty organization and communication (on my part), and a whole lot of bad luck, our shoot went to hell. Anthem and I somehow got lost and made it to the coordinates that were posted the back way but others that went the right way couldn't find it and/or were locked out. Idk who exactly went up and what happened to everyone but it didn't turn out good. Sucks for all of us I was lookin to forward to a big get together.

A few of you warned me it was too broad of a time frame and I should have listened

Maybe next time
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Placeholder
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
We should start throwing out dates and see what works. Also we need to figure a decent midway point for as many as possible.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We should start throwing out dates and see what works. Also we need to figure a decent midway point for as many as possible.
View Quote

Ya idk what ranges around could accommodate a bunch of people? The one closest to me in white city is real small
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ya idk what ranges around could accommodate a bunch of people? The one closest to me in white city is real small
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or would we rather not go to a range and go out in the sticks somewhere?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sticks might be an easier setup unless someone has some really good connections. Mid to late September?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sticks might be an easier setup unless someone has some really good connections. Mid to late September?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah thats true. September would be totally fine with me
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:19:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll come shootin with y'all

But the first time one of you Sons of Bitches muzzle sweeps me, or breaks out booze while the line is hot, I'm out!

Typically we go to the National Forest someplace.

Used to go to Browns camp, but that place is full of tweakers and such.

There are some places out on the east side past Estacada, but I haven't been out there for a long time.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But the first time one of you Sons of Bitches muzzle sweeps me, or breaks out booze while the line is hot, I'm out!

View Quote

Agreed No booze till the weapons are put away!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Lets have a nice clean shoot. Hows Mty Hood sound ?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lets have a nice clean shoot. Hows Mty Hood sound ?
View Quote

Hows that supposed to be fun

Kidding. Clean and safe it will be. I'm fine with driving just about anywhere. So as long as everyone else can agree on a spot I'll be there.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are some places out on the east side past Estacada, but I haven't been out there for a long time.
View Quote

Agreed. I usually shoot on the west side out towards Banks but anywhere works.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:13:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be curious to know where you shoot near Banks?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I am 100% down for the shoot, when/where ever it happens. I feel like Im an ammo collector now, not a shooter.
Sadly, I have nothing to offer but company this time, the Jeep and thus the trailer is out of commission till after Christmas.

Buuuut- I do have 6 empty 20lb propane tanks that make excellent audible chest size rifle targets- I could probably get all of 'em in the back of the Subaru.
I could also be somebody's ride, but those propane tanks are going to STINK on the way home once they are full of holes.

Personally, I vote for somewhere that is out in the sticks. Everyone here out to be able to follow 4 simple rules + no booze and guns together. We dont need no sissy range.

Heres a link to one of the AZ hometown shoots: (link incoming)
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:52:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am 100% down for the shoot, when/where ever it happens. I feel like Im an ammo collector now, not a shooter.
Sadly, I have nothing to offer but company this time, the Jeep and thus the trailer is out of commission till after Christmas.

Buuuut- I do have 6 empty 20lb propane tanks that make excellent audible chest size rifle targets- I could probably get all of 'em in the back of the Subaru.
I could also be somebody's ride, but those propane tanks are going to STINK on the way home once they are full of holes.

Personally, I vote for somewhere that is out in the sticks. Everyone here out to be able to follow 4 simple rules + no booze and guns together. We dont need no sissy range.

View Quote

Ammo collector huh? I'll ride with ya
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:03:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HaHa!
Fixed it for ya.
"Feel like", as in, Im too broke to replace it out of the SMALL stash, so I only buy and put it away hoping to make it a not so small stash.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:12:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

HaHa!
Fixed it for ya.
"Feel like", as in, Im too broke to replace it out of the SMALL stash, so I only buy and put it away hoping to make it a not so small stash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HaHa!
Fixed it for ya.

But seriously your company will be GREATLY appreciated! I just want to get a bunch of like minded fellas together and have some fun doing what we all love (no homo).
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:15:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I would love to do this.  August through mid september is out for me.

I can drive north or south or east.  It's all good.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would love to do this.  August through mid september is out for me.

I can drive north or south or east.  It's all good.
View Quote

I think we are gonna push for late september. Couple other guys have other things going on and that way people have plenty of notice to try and clear some space in their schedules. Plus more time for people to see what we are doing and get their asses out there!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:28:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's near Timber. I thought I had a link on my iphone but it wasn't there last time I drove out. I'll try to dig up a picture of the map.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:31:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I really need to try out a few ACOGS. Ive been looking at the 3x and 4x, but just cant put that kind of money down till I try them in a practical manner. The 3x field of view seems so limited, but I feel like the 4x is too much power for close engagement. My 1-4 is heavy, and I really dont trust its ruggedness.  What I need to do is sack up for a Nightforce 1-4.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:32:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really need to try out a few ACOGS. Ive been looking at the 3x and 4x, but just cant put that kind of money down till I try them in a practical manner. The 3x field of view seems so limited, but I feel like the 4x is too much power for close engagement. My 1-4 is heavy, and I really dont trust its ruggedness.  What I need to do is sack up for a Nightforce 1-4.
View Quote

Vortex 1-6 HD.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Vortex 1-6 HD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vortex 1-6 HD.

I want one of those real bad
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm game to play.  I have so many fun toys to bring.  

Being that I work night shift,  I usually don't start the drinking until most of you guys are in bed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a definite maybe. I think meeting out in the sticks is better than trying to make an arrangement with a range. +1 on no booze until after the shoot.

I would like to point out that the Eugene-Springfield area is centrally located.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm a definite maybe. I think meeting out in the sticks is better than trying to make an arrangement with a range. +1 on no booze until after the shoot.

I would like to point out that the Eugene-Springfield area is centrally located.....
View Quote

Maybe we can start a list of each persons "general" vicinity. That way we can figure out what works best. Portland here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in medford but I think most of you will be up north. I'm cool with drivin though.  Better for one to travel up than a bunch to travel down
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Waiting on a date lol
View Quote

September 13? Saturday. Hows that? Or should we bump it to the 20th.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Waiting on a date lol
View Quote

Thank you for the tack!

Lets get more people in here and decide on a date and get this thing going!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Waiting on a date lol
View Quote

Cape's still alive!!!  

yay!!!    

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Guns kill people. You guys should be ashamed.

Tag.
View Quote

Then why do you keep trying to sell them to me?  Dirty crack dealer!

Edit:  I'm in Hillsboro
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guns kill people. You guys should be ashamed.

Tag.

Guilt maybe? Trying to pawn his bad karma off on you
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Located in Roseburg with Sun/Mon off.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Located in Roseburg with Sun/Mon off.
View Quote

Sundays work as long as I know far enough in advance to move k9 work.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Eugene.  Sept 13 no go for me need later.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Down.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Unincorporated Clackamas County...(south of Portland)...

I'll drive a distance so don't plan around me...been to a couple before, don't have the fun toys the others showed up with (full auto breifcase)  but I have a BBQ and would supply some food (gratis)...

Have ammo of course and If ya'll behave, I'll let you have a run with the NAA and free .22 ammo
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#39]
So sept 20 or 21 looks good so far.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#40]
In my experience, it's best if someone just sets a day, and either people can make it, or they can't.   You'll never make everyone happy with any certain day.  Plenty of notice is a good thing though.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In my experience, it's best if someone just sets a day, and either people can make it, or they can't.   You'll never make everyone happy with any certain day.  Plenty of notice is a good thing though.

View Quote

Well I personally would rather do it on a saturday. Depending on how far up I have to drive I'll probably get a hotel or camp or something

Edit: actually sundays are fine too. The rest of you pick a firm date and I'll update op
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm just a little west of Portland.  My schedule is pretty open after AUG.  Might be doing some youth pheasant hunt stuff the 20th-23rd of  September but that should be over in the late morning.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#43]
i will take a look once my schedule settles down a bit. right now i know i will be working graves, but i have no set days yet.

im in northplains.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Can any of you guys think of an area big enough where we could all meet and shoot?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#45]
It wouldn't be central but Browns camp would be large enough.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#46]
There's also Melamoose (sp)  out on the east side up past Estacada.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Wheres melamoose or browns camp? Someones gonna have to meet me in town somewhere so I dont get lost haha
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wheres melamoose or browns camp? Someones gonna have to meet me in town somewhere so I dont get lost haha
View Quote

No idea on melamoose.  Browns camp is out in the Tillamook State forest, off of 6.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:42:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Melaloose

45.134617  -122.181702
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:32:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

Haven't been to a local git together in some time and would love to again. Please keep the original post updated with place and time and I'll try to make it too.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top