Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2014 9:33:07 PM EDT
Hey guys, anyone know of anyone who does quality cerakote or reparkerizng in the Portland/salem area. I have a browning hi power I need refinished. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.sur-tacgear.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/curts-discount-shooters-supply-milwaukie

I had a local guy do a ruger for me and did a great job with a quick turnaround but I can't find his number. I got his info from Curts discount shooter supply. Call em and ask. I know he was cheaper than timberwolf.

Eta. Greg at surtac was who did it. Definitely recommend him.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Greg at Sur Tac gear  has done a ton of work for me.     He is priced fair and does a great job. He is out in Troutdale
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Greg at Sur Tac gear  has done a ton of work for me.     He is priced fair and does a great job. He is out in Troutdale
View Quote

That's the one. I drew a blank but found his info in my phone after your post.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
not to hijack tghe thread, but does anyone know of anyone locally who does industrial hard chrome?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thanks for the replies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
thanks for the replies.

Keep us posted and take pics!

Quoted:
not to hijack tghe thread, but does anyone know of anyone locally who does industrial hard chrome?

http://www.pei-1.com/contact.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks for the replies.

Quoted:

it doesn't look like they chrome handguns
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks for the replies.

Quoted:

Cerakote it. Chrome is for warlords. You get your pistols yet?

Estacada --->  Hardchrome, Inc.
1152 NW Commerce Ct Estacada, OR 97023
(503) 630-4333
Plating Service
Today 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

(503) 630-4333
Plating Service
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks for the replies.

Quoted:

(503) 630-4333
Plating Service

what is the point of a non chrome desert eagle? i am getting them next week
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]

i was thinking chrome with gold accents or haveing it ceracoted in black and zombie green tigerstripe

Sorry for derailing your thread op.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
OPs question has been answered. Absolutely go with Greg.

As for the DE I wouldnt go with tiger stripe or zombie or other fads. Id keep it chrome or do a two-tone cerakote in muted colors. However, its not my .50 so swing away. Did you talk to Estacada and see what the cost for chrome is? I dont have anything needing it but itd be good info to have.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:05:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Another +1 for Greg at Sur-Tac Gear.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Brooks Performance Coatings in Sherwood, OR did a great job for me.  If you are willing to wait until he is running some other items with the colors you want, he might even give you a price break.  That way, he doesn't have to clean his spray gear just to do your colors, and that can reduce cost.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Brooks Performance Coatings in Sherwood, OR did a great job for me.  If you are willing to wait until he is running some other items with the colors you want, he might even give you a price break.  That way, he doesn't have to clean his spray gear just to do your colors, and that can reduce cost.
View Quote

Is this for cerakote or chrome? My cerakote guy is in Roseburg until I get determined enough to cerakote in my kiln.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I had him cerekote a rifle.  He did a great job, and told me that if I was able to wait, and use a color he was already going to be applying to another job, he might be able to give me a price break as it saves him work on cleaning up from two different colors.  I was at the point where the project had already run considerably over budget, so any savings was GREATLY appreciated.  Fortunately, someone wanted a project done in a color that was fine with me (a dark earth), so I went with that.  I would have preferred an OD green, but the dark earth was plenty good enough.  The dark earth was one of the "finalists" in my color selection in any case, barely nudged out by the OD, so I went with the dark earth.

He came in spot on the completion time he promised, and exactly the amount he quoted me...no surprises, which I very much enjoyed.  

I would use him again in a heartbeat if I were closer, but I have moved out of the area.  He is in the vicinity of Tri-County gun club if that helps.

In the 3.5 years since he completed the project, there have been no issues with the coating, so he is putting it on right.  Of course, there is some wear on the bolt and bolt raceways, but that is to be expected.  Even though I use the rifle pretty hard in matches, the barrel and action haven't even shown any significant scuffs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Good info to know. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top