Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2014 8:45:20 PM EDT
Bachelor party is the first weekend of August , currently the groom is deciding between San Francisco and Oregon. I'm pushing for Oregon but could use some help with ideas to help sell it, preferably things involving guns, cigars and whiskey.  I've been leaning on around the Portland area as he may be taking a job there soon.  Also, everyone in the group likes shooting so I was thinking of trying to setup a one day rifle class for the group, maybe pistols. Any recommendations on ranges and instructors I could get in contact with? What other ideas do you guys have?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Barons Den in Eugene has a"shoot tommy gun" sign up.  (Sign visible from I5) You pay your cash and shoot.  I have seen bach partys show up there to shoot and then move on to bars.  Other than that I don't have an idea.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a whiskey and cigar bar in Portland. The way my buddies and I have done bachelor parties is to go shooting day one and bars day two. That way you get all the experiences without drunk guys and ARs. You'd be hard pressed around San Francisco to do both unless it was indoors at a range.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a whiskey and cigar bar in Portland. The way my buddies and I have done bachelor parties is to go shooting day one and bars day two. That way you get all the experiences without drunk guys and ARs. You'd be hard pressed around San Francisco to do both unless it was indoors at a range.
View Quote

Thanks for the tips! Looking like Portland is the winner . Got it narrowed down to shooting, mountain biking and drinking at night
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tips! Looking like Portland is the winner . Got it narrowed down to shooting, mountain biking and drinking at night
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy!   Let me know if you guys want any specifics on bars/clubs etc.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Goto Bend
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Goto Bend
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the tips, anything particular in Bend worth doing?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a lot of micro breweries.  There is hiking, fishing, climbing, and did I mention that there is a lot of micro breweries?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Goto Bend
View Quote

This is where we had mine. Good times for sure. We rented a house and did a day of outdoors and shooting followed by a day of bars and the strip club.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:59:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Op email me. I have a few hook ups and know a few uhhhhhhhh party planners that can help.
View Quote

oh shat. it ain't easy bein a cape ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#12]
+1000 Bend.

Lots of beers, lots of Whiskey (local distilleries) great place(s) to shoot, outrageous Mt. Biking, fishing, lakes etc.

Depending on Group size, rent a house in Sunriver or one of the funky old houses at McMenamin's St Francis.

Book a ride on the Cyclepub

Really hard to go wrong if you like outdoorsy stuff.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Agree with Bend.  Lot of outdoor activities
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:12:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Strippers
View Quote

Bend. Starz.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bend. Starz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strippers

Bend. Starz.

there is a starz in beaverton too
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strippers

Bend. Starz.

Which IS a better club. But it's not in Bend. Bend gets my vote.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Huh really.... ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strippers

Bend. Starz.

Huh really.... ;)

well, portland does have the most stripclubs per capita of any city in the us.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strippers

Bend. Starz.

Huh really.... ;)

Something tells me Cape has this figured out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strippers

Bend. Starz.

Huh really.... ;)

Have you been to Springfield lol?  Joking aside Beaverton Stars is probably one of the best ones in Oregon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Op email me. I have a few hook ups and know a few uhhhhhhhh party planners that can help.
View Quote

The party got moved to SF due to some of the LEO guys not being able to get shifts covered to account for travel time and the best man getting shingles. So we'll be doing the breweries in SF, Anchor Steam, 21st amendment and Speakeasy and I know plenty of uh party planners there

But damn, now I really want to make a trip to Bend. Sounds like my kind of place.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The party got moved to SF due to some of the LEO guys not being able to get shifts covered to account for travel time and the best man getting shingles. So we'll be doing the breweries in SF, Anchor Steam, 21st amendment and Speakeasy and I know plenty of uh party planners there

But damn, now I really want to make a trip to Bend. Sounds like my kind of place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come visit. I'll make the trip for a shooting party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top