Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2014 4:01:11 PM EDT
Looks like I may be moving to the Newport area in the next few months.

I have pretty much everything I need NFA wise, but I would like to Form 1 another lower in case of kaboom with my current SBR.

There is no way I can get a Form 1 approved before I have to move. Will the local Sheriff sign a Form 1 for an SBR?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I have pretty much everything I need NFA wise, but I would like to Form 1 another lower in case of kaboom with my current SBR.

There is no way I can get a Form 1 approved before I have to move. Will the local Sheriff sign a Form 1 for an SBR?
View Quote

Newport should be GTG. Only problems I have even heard about are Washington Co. Lib land Portland, and they still approve them there. You can also do the online gun trust from the northwest law group. I think it was 90$, and no CLEO signoff. Best part is using Eforms for faster turnaround. That is a major benefit to the trust route right now with the long wait times.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Newport should be GTG. Only problems I have even heard about are Washington Co. Lib land Portland, and they still approve them there. You can also do the online gun trust from the northwest law group. I think it was 90$, and no CLEO signoff. Best part is using Eforms for faster turnaround. That is a major benefit to the trust route right now with the long wait times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know what problems those have been? Our Sheriff's Office has done an excellent job of signing NFA paperwork, and as far as I know, has never had a Sheriff that wouldn't sign. Now Mult Co I know had one a while back that wouldn't. Or limited the number of ones per person.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Don't know what problems those have been? Our Sheriff's Office has done an excellent job of signing NFA paperwork, and as far as I know, has never had a Sheriff that wouldn't sign. Now Mult Co I know had one a while back that wouldn't. Or limited the number of ones per person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct. I was mistaken Washington county, with Mult. Co. which Portland resides in. They all still approve, but as mentioned there was a problem with Multnomah. Just stay away from Portland if you are moving to the state, and you will be fine. It is a city to visit, not to live in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, Gentlemen.

I have some freedom as to where I choose to live with this job.

Portland is not even on my list of places to go.

I have been in MT for nearly 2 decades. It's good to know that I will be able to continue to acquire and build what I want in my new home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top