Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2014 5:28:54 PM EDT
Hey guys. I have Olympic arms M16 lower and just purchased your MK1 upper. The upper is not fitting my m16 the front pin loop area rubbed and was binding on the rail system so I removed the rail and that now is ok. But my rear bin is way too tight and I the fitment is not good on the upper. It binds at the front part of the lower when they meet? Caming it Call me at 5033186293.

Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:06pm - staff

Thank you so much for contacting us John, could you please send a photo of the bottom portion of the Hang guard and a photo of the front take down pin and send it to [email protected] Thank you

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:09pm - John C

I have not heard anything from you guys after sending pictures?  

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:24pm - staff

Good morning John, to be honest it is hard to tell from the photo. We have a tight tolerance on our upper to reduce the movement between the upper and the lower. The space movement between the upper and lower can affect accuracy.  

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:42pm - John C

ok so can I return it or can you fix it so it works on the select fire lower I have? Or how about an upper that is not so tight can I transfer the parts to it?

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:51pm - staff

We would like to get the upper and lower back to PWS so that we can make sure it functions properly for you and how you would like it. We will send you a approval email today, if you have any questions please let us know.  

Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:08pm - John C

Can I get a phone call at 5033186293 to discuss this? Thanks  

Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:45pm - John C

Ok I mailed it out today. Thanks guys  

Thu, Apr 24 2014 1:41pm - staff

Sorry John, we are very busy at the moment. We will update you as soon as we receive the upper.

Fri, Apr 25 2014 3:21pm - staff

Moving forward one MK107 Upper 223 Wylde PWS 0513298 to warranty department.

Thu, May 1 2014 3:15pm - staff

Hello John,

Have you tried different uppers on your select fire lower and have they encountered the same fitment issue or is just on you PWS upper? We have tried your upper on several different lowers including select fire ones from a few different manufacturers and we have not encountered an issue with the upper being tight or binding at either pin location so far.

Thu, May 1 2014 3:27pm - John C

I have tried others on it they work great its just the PWS. My thought was to change the upper and put your guts into it.  

Thu, May 1 2014 3:32pm - John C

I also went back to the store and tried other PWS and they all did it. All other uppers fit perfect!  

Thu, May 8 2014 1:18pm - John C

Any news guys?

Fri, May 9 2014 1:56pm - staff

Hello John,

The results have been the same no matter what brand or type of lower we try and use, they all fit without any binding. It is really odd that only PWS uppers are having fitment issues on your select fire lower as we have not been able to replicate any issues here. Did you try the PWS uppers on a different lower and experience the same binding issues?

Fri, May 9 2014 2:12pm - John C

Ok please call me at 5033186293. Your upper does not bind on any other gun than mine! So all I want is for you to put some other upper on it from any one you trust and put your guts into it.

Mon, May 19 2014 9:49am - staff

Good morning John, we have tried your upper on multiple types of lowers and we are unable to replicate the issue. We are going to send your upper back to you, please let us know if you can think of anything else we can do.

Mon, May 19 2014 10:15am - John C

Ok you guys are getting a reputation for not listening to your customers / Again my phone number 5033186293 . Take five minutes and call me so I can make you understand the problem.  

Mon, May 19 2014 12:33pm - John C

All other uppers fit my gun just fine . Do you want me to send you a different upper and have you put your parts in it. I would send you my select fire gun . But putting a 16k rifle in the mail is not a good idea!

Thu, May 29 2014 8:53am - John C

I guess your not going to call me. How about you issue me a refund for what I paid for the upper.

Tue, Jun 3 2014 11:34am - John C

Guys whats the deal?

Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:12pm - staff

Good morning John, we are currently very busy. We don't know how to assist you with out getting the upper back. We would be happy to exchange the for a different one but we don't know if that will affrct the fit of the upper.  

Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:25pm - John C

Im sure you are busy! I have told you a couple times whats wrong with it. and I have tried to explain it. Every other upper other than yours fits gun just fine. Is there some reason why you cant call me? I will post our chat on the law enforcement forum !  

Tue, Jun 3 2014 3:16pm - staff

All of the warranty staff will be out until tomorrow. I will politely ask them to call you again tomorrow.

Tue, Jun 3 2014 3:31pm - John C

Ok thanks  

Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:15am - staff

Good morning John, sorry our warranty staff has been unable to call you. Our warranty department is also our custom shop and we are currently wrapping up a government solicitation. We will be swapping out your upper with a new upper. We are unable to replicate the issue so we don't know how else to assist you with out getting the lower back to PWS. We will try to call you again today, we are sorry for the delay.

Thu, Jun 5 2014 8:32am - John C

Its the upper you make that is the problem putting another one of your uppers on it will not fix the problem. I can go buy one that fits and ship it to you. Will that work?

Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:20pm - John C

Look you customer service is really bad I will be posting this on the law enforcement forum for about 48000 people to see . After I spent $1300 on an upper you cant even call me. Just send me a refund for what I paid.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures would help. Sounds like they didnt want to call. Sorry for the bad deal. I havent dealt with them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
So a new production upper doesn't fit on a 28+ year old receiver that you had other issues with - mag catch you posted here?
And they wont fix it?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Sent them tons of pictures and a wax imprint of the binding spot. Also tried no fucking less than 56 different uppers at the gun show. All fit fine. BACKGROUND ON PWS and me the little guy. We met at the law enforcement equipment and military training expo. They told me no doubt there upper was military spec. It's not !
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any receivers older than myself,  so I can't say how well they do or do not work with old select fire lowers...  However,  I do have a PWS complete upper that I tossed onto a lower with no problems.  I also have several other uppers that have worked fine on that same lower.

If you ever come out to the west side of town on the weekends,  you can try out my PWS upper on your lower,  and I can try to take some measurements.  I have a good handful of my measuring instruments back home with me now.  (You can also see how much I modified that truck that I bought from you)

I have a feeling that tolerance stacking is working against you,  where the old M16 lower was built to poor QC on the far end of spec,  and the PWS was built tighter than spec,  making it out of position for a poorly built lower.  Keep in mind it is easier to hold precision tolerance now than it was in 1980...

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys my point is . I want a fucking phone call. I needed to know if I can transfer there guts into another upper or if I could send them one or if they could mill that one down.  The ass hole knew I was putting it on a Olympic arms. and that's not the problem if all other uppers fit!
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey guys. I have Olympic arms M16 lower and just purchased your MK1 upper. The upper is not fitting my m16 the front pin loop area rubbed and was binding on the rail system so I removed the rail and that now is ok. But my rear bin is way too tight and I the fitment is not good on the upper. It binds at the front part of the lower when they meet? Caming it Call me at 5033186293.

Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:06pm - staff

Thank you so much for contacting us John, could you please send a photo of the bottom portion of the Hang guard and a photo of the front take down pin and send it to [email protected] Thank you

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:09pm - John C

I have not heard anything from you guys after sending pictures?  

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:24pm - staff

Good morning John, to be honest it is hard to tell from the photo. We have a tight tolerance on our upper to reduce the movement between the upper and the lower. The space movement between the upper and lower can affect accuracy.  

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:42pm - John C

ok so can I return it or can you fix it so it works on the select fire lower I have? Or how about an upper that is not so tight can I transfer the parts to it?

Wed, Apr 16 2014 5:51pm - staff

We would like to get the upper and lower back to PWS so that we can make sure it functions properly for you and how you would like it. We will send you a approval email today, if you have any questions please let us know.  

Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:08pm - John C

Can I get a phone call at 5033186293 to discuss this? Thanks  

Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:45pm - John C

Ok I mailed it out today. Thanks guys  

Thu, Apr 24 2014 1:41pm - staff

Sorry John, we are very busy at the moment. We will update you as soon as we receive the upper.

Fri, Apr 25 2014 3:21pm - staff

Moving forward one MK107 Upper 223 Wylde PWS 0513298 to warranty department.

Thu, May 1 2014 3:15pm - staff

Hello John,

Have you tried different uppers on your select fire lower and have they encountered the same fitment issue or is just on you PWS upper? We have tried your upper on several different lowers including select fire ones from a few different manufacturers and we have not encountered an issue with the upper being tight or binding at either pin location so far.

Thu, May 1 2014 3:27pm - John C

I have tried others on it they work great its just the PWS. My thought was to change the upper and put your guts into it.  

Thu, May 1 2014 3:32pm - John C

I also went back to the store and tried other PWS and they all did it. All other uppers fit perfect!  

Thu, May 8 2014 1:18pm - John C

Any news guys?

Fri, May 9 2014 1:56pm - staff

Hello John,

The results have been the same no matter what brand or type of lower we try and use, they all fit without any binding. It is really odd that only PWS uppers are having fitment issues on your select fire lower as we have not been able to replicate any issues here. Did you try the PWS uppers on a different lower and experience the same binding issues?

Fri, May 9 2014 2:12pm - John C

Ok please call me at 5033186293. Your upper does not bind on any other gun than mine! So all I want is for you to put some other upper on it from any one you trust and put your guts into it.

Mon, May 19 2014 9:49am - staff

Good morning John, we have tried your upper on multiple types of lowers and we are unable to replicate the issue. We are going to send your upper back to you, please let us know if you can think of anything else we can do.

Mon, May 19 2014 10:15am - John C

Ok you guys are getting a reputation for not listening to your customers / Again my phone number 5033186293 . Take five minutes and call me so I can make you understand the problem.  

Mon, May 19 2014 12:33pm - John C

All other uppers fit my gun just fine . Do you want me to send you a different upper and have you put your parts in it. I would send you my select fire gun . But putting a 16k rifle in the mail is not a good idea!

Thu, May 29 2014 8:53am - John C

I guess your not going to call me. How about you issue me a refund for what I paid for the upper.

Tue, Jun 3 2014 11:34am - John C

Guys whats the deal?

Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:12pm - staff

Good morning John, we are currently very busy. We don't know how to assist you with out getting the upper back. We would be happy to exchange the for a different one but we don't know if that will affrct the fit of the upper.  

Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:25pm - John C

Im sure you are busy! I have told you a couple times whats wrong with it. and I have tried to explain it. Every other upper other than yours fits gun just fine. Is there some reason why you cant call me? I will post our chat on the law enforcement forum !  

Tue, Jun 3 2014 3:16pm - staff

All of the warranty staff will be out until tomorrow. I will politely ask them to call you again tomorrow.

Tue, Jun 3 2014 3:31pm - John C

Ok thanks  

Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:15am - staff

Good morning John, sorry our warranty staff has been unable to call you. Our warranty department is also our custom shop and we are currently wrapping up a government solicitation. We will be swapping out your upper with a new upper. We are unable to replicate the issue so we don't know how else to assist you with out getting the lower back to PWS. We will try to call you again today, we are sorry for the delay.

Thu, Jun 5 2014 8:32am - John C

Its the upper you make that is the problem putting another one of your uppers on it will not fix the problem. I can go buy one that fits and ship it to you. Will that work?

Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:20pm - John C

Look you customer service is really bad I will be posting this on the law enforcement forum for about 48000 people to see . After I spent $1300 on an upper you cant even call me. Just send me a refund for what I paid.
View Quote

I normally don't do this but its a reminder of some customer service i have dealt with that kind of tops it.

kind of reminds me of when i had you  do the tranny in my wife's van  i can't remember the cost off hand (i think $1200-1500)  to rebuild it and you reused the 12 year old transmission cooling hoses that began leaking about a year later so i took it to you and you said you would take care of it and then you charged me over $100  to do.  I questioned you about it and you said new hoses were not part of the rebuild so ok fine i paid you.

But your guys didn't tighten one of the hose clamps or install the hose correctly causing the fluid to leak faster than before. It went from a occasional drip being the type you never really see the drips but notice the fluid on the lines  to a rapid drip like 1 drip per second  and burning up a tranny

So i called you and you said to bring it back  

Then after a month of you having it you  tried to charge me  for the parts around $500-600
You never told me it would cost anything.  I thought it should be covered since it was you're faulty work and i had to fight with you to get the van back after you having it for over a month . yes waited  a month before you even got to it . And you said you wouldn't let me have it back unless I paid you for the parts which you never quoted me before starting on it in the first place and I had assumed it was covered because of the faulty work anyway.

During the argument You blamed my wife cause she drove home low on fluid. Well its was not like she was driving around knowing that. And its not like she is a tech like you to know that,   She was on her way home with the kids one being a infant and was on the freeway it was going fine until she got to off ramp and started shifting funny . So she drove it home about a mile and a half to our house . Then she told me it was acting funny so i went and took a look it was dripping fast and i noticed that the camp was loose i could turn it with my fingers. I then called you.

Had you done your job right that should not have been a issue when you take it to a pro shop , how hard is it to tighten a transmission hose clamp or make sure double check to make sure it was installed correctly.  and why the hell would you use the 12 year old hoses  on a rebuilt tranny costing over $1000 to do in the first place?

So after arguing with you and telling you I was not going to pay for it because i never authorized it and that I didn't believe it was our fault.

Then your  tranny guy steps in and offered to cover the repairs but no warranty as is but I  had to wait another day to pick it up but I agreed .  he did a crappy job cause it had a new leak on a inner seal that would require the tranny to come out again and he would not do it . I finally got tired of fighting with you and your tranny guy and we ended up scrapping the vehicle cause it was not worth the cost of another tranny after paying you just about a year before to rebuild it.

So i paid over a grand i can't remember the cost off hand (i think $1200-1500) for a tranny that started leaking less than a year later  then pay over $100+  for you to put new hoses in that should have been done when the tranny was rebuilt  that ended up leaking worse cause the hose was not tightened and damaging the transmission and then almost charged again to fix something that didn't even get fixed  just to end up scrapping the van because i was not going to pay again for your mistake and tired of dealing with you.

So you made us wait a month before even getting back to me on the van after constant phone calls from me with my wife and Kids without the van which we have because My wife has really bad knees in constant pain having lift the infant and 2 year old into my truck which caused additional pain to get around  before you even did anything with it .

Good customer service on a bad job would have fixed it right away and even if it was my wife's fault for putting faith in your work that we paid for, at some point probably at the beginning should have told us  its gonna cost you rather than "we'll take care of it" so we could make the decision then if we wanted to fix it or use the money towards something else

And you're mad at them for not returning your phone call?

At least you'll probably get your money back all I got was grief

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
snip*

View Quote

But you got a phone call right?

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]
No i had to call him several times during that month for status on the van

He would tell me he would call me as soon as they find something out and then a week would go by and i would have to call him again and get the same run around . I finally hit a bingo so I thought when I called and he said it was all done ..... but its gonna cost you.

hmmm wish he had called me and told me that before putting the parts in it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Man. Nothing worse than expecting someone to return a call while they are supposed to be fixing something for you. amiright?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:07:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bah. Too many jokes to post.
I'm at a loss....
Tag because I better get some laughs from this thread.
View Quote

Post your jokes or GTFO. Our HTF could use the help.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Lets be honest .your wife said she knew it was having a problem but she kept driving. The lines on you van are factory molded lines. What about your 12 year old radiator I asked to replace? It cools the transmission!  If you drive your van while it is having a problem with no regard for what your hurting your going to be charged a fair price . Now I wish I could get every one to replace all parts related to every job but its just not in most folks budgets . We work on seven to 15 cars a day with a 90% satisfaction report. And on a side note I don't get paid till I call my customers and tell them its done!
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
PWS is mailing me back my upper . I guess they said there will be a letter in the box with details of what they fixed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:20:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lets be honest .your wife said she knew it was having a problem but she kept driving. The lines on you van are factory molded lines. What about your 12 year old radiator I asked to replace? It cools the transmission!  If you drive your van while it is having a problem with no regard for what your hurting your going to be charged a fair price . Now I wish I could get every one to replace all parts related to every job but its just not in most folks budgets . We work on seven to 15 cars a day with a 90% satisfaction report. And on a side note I don't get paid till I call my customers and tell them its done!
View Quote

Lol . what does the radiator have to do with the transmission line coming loose.  You never spoke to my wife  about it , and you never did mentioned the radiator until the hose came loose lost most of its fluid and burned up. you did try to blame the radiator and not the fact it was spewing tranny fluid from a mis installed hose . don't dig your self a bigger hole. your shop made a error the hose came loose just a couple drives after you put them on we took it back to you and it took over a month for you to get to it , and you didn't back it. Its really that simple . I'm not gonna argue with you about it serves me no purpose . you are what you are.

I actually can understand a company not wanting to pay up on a simple mistake as not making sure a hose is installed correctly thats a $1200 mistake for a 5 minute error,  even though thats what they were paid to do and try to blame on customer for driving it a mile and half to get home with the kids , and make it sound like she was driving all over the place with it acting up . and then try to blame it on other parts in the car even though you when you sold me on the idea of replacing it in the first place i told you the van was not worth it but you said oh this van has lots of life left in it.  but then to make a person wait a month before letting then know you are going to charge them to polish a turd.

So Should my wife who knows nothing about transmission  have known to pull over with the kids in the car as soon as she noticed a problem OR should your "tech" who was paid to do the job right in the first place done the job right in the first place ?

It all comes down to 1 thing and only 1 thing that started the cause of the transmission burning up and that was the hose your shop installed coming loose. you can try to cloud it by blaming  it on  everything and anything else you want to but thats where it started.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Feel like this, OP?

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Feel like this, OP?

http://i.imgur.com/sTUyI.gif
View Quote

I remember watching that show. I rolled.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I got the upper back with a letter apologizing . All is well again!
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Sweet! I knew you would make things right with Billbo.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sweet! I knew you would make things right with Billbo.
View Quote

Yeah......sounds like THAT did happen.....yet.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top