Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2014 2:24:55 PM EDT
Does anyone have a contact for an engraver that can engrave anodized lowers per ATF specifications for depth post form 1 approval?

I would go to Portland if needed but it would be much easier for me to stay from Salem to Roseburg. and somewhere in between.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You might call Halo Manufacturing. I talked to him about doing my lower but he recommended I use Grey Laser.  He was supposed to be buying a laser engraver soon.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a machine shop in Philomath that did the first 2 SBR's I form 1'ed.  Cannot recall the name, its near some winery W. of the Post Office.  Guy only does them on Saturday mornings, early, or at least used to.  I did these 5 years ago.

Same complex as Spindrift Cellars, here

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#3]
If youve got beer, I can dust off the old dremel.
Sorry, forgot this wasnt GD. I can tell you that the machine shop is still there in Philomath next to Spindrift cellars, but I know nothing more about them.
Shoot me a PM if you want me to swing by and get their number on the way to work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Bye engraving. Call and make an appointment. They do excellent work.

http://byeengraving.com/
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a machine shop in Philomath that did the first 2 SBR's I form 1'ed.  Cannot recall the name, its near some winery W. of the Post Office.  Guy only does them on Saturday mornings, early, or at least used to.  I did these 5 years ago.

Same complex as Spindrift Cellars, here

View Quote

I used him as well and he did great work.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for seemingly abandoning the thread.  

Actually Laser Image in Eugene has a new laser setup and did a fantastic job for a fantastic price.  I was his first go around and provided a test lower to play with.  I highly recommend his laser engraving service.  

Perfect engraving XXX Trust Springfield, OR  in the trigger guard area next to where the trigger pokes through the receiver.  

Thanks for all of the ideas, I was getting a little frustrated trying to find someone who would touch it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry for seemingly abandoning the thread.  

Actually Laser Image in Eugene has a new laser setup and did a fantastic job for a fantastic price.  I was his first go around and provided a test lower to play with.  I highly recommend his laser engraving service.  

Perfect engraving XXX Trust Springfield, OR  in the trigger guard area next to where the trigger pokes through the receiver.  

Thanks for all of the ideas, I was getting a little frustrated trying to find someone who would touch it.
View Quote

Depth?
Pics?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll work on a pic later.  Definitely legal and past .003 but not crazy, I'd say just a little deeper than the factory markings but much sharper.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bye engraving. Call and make an appointment. They do excellent work.

http://byeengraving.com/
View Quote

Used them twice already.  Good folk.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
yep - good peeps and they do it right.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]
hey guys

How much did bye engraving charge for your form 1 engraving?

I'm actually trying to find a 'local' engraver who has done form 1 engraving enough to know their stuff that I can travel to and avoid shipping several hosts out of state and back. With WA state just permitting SBRs now I'm planning on contacting local engravers in the Seattle area about the work but would be willing to drive a bit to get it done by a shop that isn't doing a form 1 engraving for the first time ever. :)

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#12]
IIRC Bye Engraving was $25, when I had them do my AR last year, they did it in the trigger guard area while I waited.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top