Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2014 2:06:12 PM EDT
Never hunted Turkeys this far West, probably a steep learning curve but should be fun.  Anyone else going Turkey hunting this Spring?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Never hunted Turkeys this far West, probably a steep learning curve but should be fun.  Anyone else going Turkey hunting this Spring?
View Quote

I'm hoping to get in more hunting this year. Turkey is definitely an option, only done it one time previously. Pretty fun stuff though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been hunting the White River area for the last 5 years or so,. Going to at least check out Roseburg area this spring.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been hunting the White River area for the last 5 years or so,. Going to at least check out Roseburg area this spring.
View Quote

Did you see any birds in that area?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I tired turkey over in White River for a couple of years. Never saw or heard a bird. I'd like to go back and try again if I could find the time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
If time allows would any of you be up for getting together and trying some hunting?
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seen birds in the White River area. Mostly in farmers fields.. I have never seen a Tom in the wild during spring season. I have seen a few hens, heard more, and heard a Tom Gobbler last year as I shut my car door. Unfortunately, I had my 12 year old nephew out on his first hunt. A little LOUD and fidgity! I called a hen in my first year, then scared her off.

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Well thanks to this thread I went out and got myself a turkey tag, along with 3 different kinds of turkey loads, a new turkey choke, a jake decoy, a couple diaphragm calls, a gobbler shaker, and some other misc accessories. Hoping to get in on some turkey action
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well thanks to this thread I went out and got myself a turkey tag, along with 3 different kinds of turkey loads, a new turkey choke, a jake decoy, a couple diaphragm calls, a gobbler shaker, and some other misc accessories. Hoping to get in on some turkey action
View Quote

Headed south or east?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Headed south or east?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Headed south or east?

A buddy and I will hunt in the morrow/umatilla county area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top