Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2014 7:05:04 AM EDT
Took a drive out to what I thought would be public land (State forest district) this past weekend.  Once I got out there it seemed to be a mix of public, private, and logging land.  What I couldn't identify was where it all began and ended in terms of property boundaries.  Furthermore any public/logging land I did find didn't have  any place to park.  

I'm curious if there is a good map or atlas that I can purchase that has these boundaries better marked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet! thanks much!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The Forestry service sells good maps that outline each boundary for private, state, federal and county owned lands. The best place would be a field office in your county since they do not cover the entire state.
PS. Did not know you are an Oregon Resident. Usually enjoy your posts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Forestry service sells good maps that outline each boundary for private, state, federal and county owned lands. The best place would be a field office in your county since they do not cover the entire state.
View Quote

Thanks.  My wife and I just moved here.

I will check those out.

Throwing this out there.  If anyone ever wants to hunt behind some dogs bird hunting let me know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I've just recently picked up a few BLM maps for different areas, for scouting new areas. They seem to do the best job of conveying private/public ownership.

What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've just recently picked up a few BLM maps for different areas, for scouting new areas. They seem to do the best job of conveying private/public ownership.

What part of the state are you in?
View Quote

Half an hour or so west of Portland.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Hlaf hour should put in the Hillsboro-ish area. Head to the forestry center in Forest Grove, they're very helpful people.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I will check those out.

Throwing this out there.  If anyone ever wants to hunt behind some dogs bird hunting let me know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will check those out.

How has nobody jumped in on this offer yet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a great offer. Trade a bird hunt with dogs for a peak at my BLM map and maybe a trip to TCGC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:54:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like a great offer. Trade a bird hunt with dogs for a peak at my BLM map and maybe a trip to TCGC.
View Quote

That sounds like a winner.  Been listening for Ruff's doing their drumming.  No luck but have not been in any good areas.

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If you've got an extra $100 laying around, this looks like a pretty handy tool. I don't have it yet, but it's on my list.
You load it on your Garmin GPS and it provides land ownership details for your current location.

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top