Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2014 11:50:04 PM EDT
Seems like since the management changed hands that shop has gone downhill a bit.  Last few times I've been in there the atmosphere is less friendly and the stock of guns is lousy.  I'm really disappointed since this has been my go to shop for a while.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 12:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
What?  No way weird AL is not running the store?   Bought my first firearm there.   Sad to see it change for the worse.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What?  No way weird AL is not running the store?   Bought my first firearm there.   Sad to see it change for the worse.
View Quote

Lmfao!!  I loved that guy!! That place was always so friendly.  Hell half the time I'd be looking at handguns and before I knew it I had 4-5 sitting in front of me!  Try that at Keiths!
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that place is no longer a LGS for me. Id rather make the drive elsewhere. Pretty sad inventory.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya, it's been kind of disappointing.  It seemed like things ran well and the atmosphere was friendly before.  Steve (weird Al) was a pleasant person and his employees reflected that.  The new magement kinda reminds me of a typical "we're smart and you're stupid" type of gunshop and "Don't bother us unless you're going to buy something".  Hope it works for them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ya, it's been kind of disappointing.  It seemed like things ran well and the atmosphere was friendly before.  Steve (weird Al) was a pleasant person and his employees reflected that.  The new magement kinda reminds me of a typical "we're smart and you're stupid" type of gunshop and "Don't bother us unless you're going to buy something".  Hope it works for them.
View Quote

Real bad move when the ownership got rid of Steve.  He had built strong relationships and customers were treated as friends.  It;s hard to tell what is going on there now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Real bad move when the ownership got rid of Steve.  He had built strong relationships and customers were treated as friends.  It;s hard to tell what is going on there now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the customer service will be like Keiths, but without the volume to back having the lowest prices around....should work out well for them
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So the customer service will be like Keiths, but without the volume to back having the lowest prices around....should work out well for them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#8]
No Steve?  Well, if the new guy isn't as good as he was - and Steve was excellent IMO, then I won't go there anymore.... and I've spent a lot of $$ there over the past 6 or 7 years.  I'll just buy my used guns FTF off the local boards and have new guns sent from outfits like Buds to whomever has the cheapest transfers locally.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember that guy. I used to work out at the same gym as him in Clackamas when I worked there (just down the road from the store in Clackamas). Also bought my first gun from him. It's too bad he;s not involved there anymore
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I remember that guy. I used to work out at the same gym as him in Clackamas when I worked there (just down the road from the store in Clackamas). Also bought my first gun from him. It's too bad he;s not involved there anymore
View Quote

I think you're talking about the owner, Royd.  Steve doesn't work out and has always been at Tigard.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think you're talking about the owner, Royd.  Steve doesn't work out and has always been at Tigard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be right, I was confusing Tigard with Clackamas because I only went to each once or twice. my bad
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Eh, the last few times I was in there, I wasn't impressed.

I'd rather drive from Tigard to NW Firearms than shop there and TGB is literally 2 minutes away.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I personally enjoy the guys at Curt's discount shooter supply, after 3 failed attempts with Keith's and a few visits to Gun Broker in Clackamas, I haven't gone anywhere since stopping by Curt's.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I personally enjoy the guys at Curt's discount shooter supply, after 3 failed attempts with Keith's and a few visits to Gun Broker in Clackamas, I haven't gone anywhere since stopping by Curt's.
View Quote

Curt's (not discount) has become my go-to AR store because they have a lot of inventory and they have the small stuff (roll pins, detents, springs and assorted small shit), but you'll pay dearly for brand name accessories. MSRP plus a bit for the stuff I've gotten recently. This isn't a complaint, since I forked over the extra 10% (that is above internet prices plus shipping) because I got to walk out with it that day. If I was more patient, I would use internet vendors. The help there is generally friendly enough too, so no real complaints.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah I like Curt's as well.  Some stuff is a little pricier but the staff are very friendly.  I also like NW Armory because they post them they get ammo.  Never had a bad experience there.  But for AR stuff, it's Curt's.  Never been to Keith's.  Way to far to drive from Tualatin
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Steve is gone?    Is he going to open his own shop again?  Before he went to work for Royd, he owned Murray's on  82nd .     It's a shame, I liked Steve.      They have had a few good people work there over the years.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Steve is gone?    Is he going to open his own shop again?  Before he went to work for Royd, he owned Murray's on  82nd .     It's a shame, I liked Steve.      They have had a few good people work there over the years.
View Quote

Steve got let go and Jay got put in charge.   If you want a Ruger single six, Kimber 1911, or a Taurus handgun they have plenty. Rifles are limited, but there appears to be a lot of junk parts guns priced as such.  Real depressing place to walk into now.  I'd hate to think this is their current business plan.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'd rather drive from Tigard to NW Firearms than shop there and TGB is literally 2 minutes away.
View Quote

You can't be more than 5 mins from me then. It's 2 mins to that BiMart from my house.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can't be more than 5 mins from me then. It's 2 mins to that BiMart from my house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live on a side street off Fonner by Walnut. Pretty close then
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:00:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bull mt road here. Howdy neighbor!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Steve got let go and Jay got put in charge.   If you want a Ruger single six, Kimber 1911, or a Taurus handgun they have plenty. Rifles are limited, but there appears to be a lot of junk parts guns priced as such.  Real depressing place to walk into now.  I'd hate to think this is their current business plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Jay, he is a good guy and I have known him for years.   I wonder why they let Steve go.  He has a ton of knowledge, great customer service and is a nice guy.    My guess is that we will never know, it must have been either mutual or something big.  I also like Royd, he never treated me bad, was always fair and honest with me.   It's a shame the walls are bare, I can't tell you how many guns I bought there over the years.   I hope it is temporary and not permanent. That place use to be hopping, there were times the line to buy was 4 or 5 people deep.  Are they still selling Sigs?      
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they closed the Woodburn store.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I just remember a nice guy with a 80s mullet and all their handguns were mounted on a wooden dowels. I recall a big muscular weightlifter working there too, but that was a good 10 years since being there.  I liked it there. Maybe Keith bought it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like they closed the Woodburn store.
View Quote

Really? Damn it. I was going to stop by there tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Big sign on the Woodburn store...store closed due to the owner having cancer, inventory moved to another location to be sold off....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top