Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2013 2:49:52 AM EDT
Is this outfit in Klamath Falls for real, or are they no go?  Suspect I got bilked out of some money! Or the owner croaked?  Completely unresponsive to calls, texts an email-mail. Ready to go BBB, unless someone has some insight on them. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
He is very slow to respond, and slow to get your stuff to you, but he sure made a very nice blackout barrel for me.

I believe it is a side business, and has very limited working hours there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Going on eight months. To late to dispute the CC. Glad to hear that you eventually got your product.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It took a bit over four months to get it, and this was pre-panic.

Are you local?
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Further south.  Commiefornia.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah,  gotcha.  

If you were local,  I'd let you try mine out some time.  It's a very solid shooter.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks anyways.  Us arfcommers must stick together.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I just wanted to update this real quick.  I live in Klamath Falls, and have been to their shop a couple times.  They have been working on a couple things for a buddy and have been pretty slow for him as well.  As stated above this is a side business, He works for the Air base here in town and hours are weird.  I have been by a couple times and they have been closed.  If I do happen to get by while they are open would you like me to check on anything for you?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Very kind offer, but going on month 9-I will decline.  Thanks, though!

Meanwhile---  Crickets.  Nada.  Shame on me for not disputing the CC in time.  

I am sure there is a legitimate reason they are incommunicado...but not my concern. G.R.T. could at least return a call, text or e-mail if they are having issues.

Until they get their cottage business going, they should not take money.  Bad, bad, bad practice.

Hell, if they could not fill my order and they were embarrassed or whatever, they could reverse the charge, I would take other components...whatever, in exchange.

A shame really, they were easy enough to talk to and take my money.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I went in a couple weeks ago to check on a friends firearm that he has had for a few months (was quoted 2 weeks) I also mentioned that there was a thread here where someone was waiting on parts, he didn't really seem to care and even told me that he could get more work done but was busy with customers (myself and another friend).  I asked what the delay was and he said that he has lots of barrels in stock, couple upper and lowers in stock, but but my friends firearm on the back burner because he has had a lot of hunters coming in to get their rifles tuned. Which I don't care but when he takes money from customers he needs to fill those first.  I let him know that I am done dealing with his company.  Its a shame that he doesn't care.  Anyways let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks.

Just a big caution to future Grim Reaper customers...

Choose another outfit that has some "Give a damn,"
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Still no contact.  Woof.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I was going to order some mags from them - this thread put a stop to that.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:48:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Good call.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump to keep the warning alive.  Avoid these slackers/thieves.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 4:17:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Still slacker rip off artists.  $350...gone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:15:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Just a reminder that Grim Reaper Tactical are a bunch of sweet talking rip off artists.  Do not give them your business, let alone access to a CC.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I wanted to add my experience to this thread. I came across this thread after I had already place my order with Grim Reaper Tactical for a 9 inch 300 BLK barrel. I emailed him up front and asked about the wait time and he said a few weeks for the blanks to come in and a few weeks to get everything made. I thought that was reasonable considering you can not find any pistol barrels in stock right now. I placed my order on 03/18 and received it 05/05. First off, the barrel looks excellent, threads look great, finish looks great with no tool marks. I do not expect any problems with function, but I will update if any problems. Second, after I came across this thread I started getting worried. My credit card was charged right away once you order, even when the items are out of stock. I am not a huge fan of this, but oh well. I emailed him every so often for an update on the wait and he replied everytime within a hour or two. My last email was thanking him and letting him know I received the barrel and that I would post positive feedback based on my transaction. He responded thanks and even mentioned that he has had some customer service problems in the past that he is working on fixing. Take this post how you want, but based on my interaction with him, I thought I owed him to post my experience.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Two bad reviews and one good one. Im avoiding that place anyway. Glad you had a positive experience but that place didn't get a visit from me while in the area last month.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted to add my experience to this thread. I came across this thread after I had already place my order with Grim Reaper Tactical for a 9 inch 300 BLK barrel. I emailed him up front and asked about the wait time and he said a few weeks for the blanks to come in and a few weeks to get everything made. I thought that was reasonable considering you can not find any pistol barrels in stock right now. I placed my order on 03/18 and received it 05/05. First off, the barrel looks excellent, threads look great, finish looks great with no tool marks. I do not expect any problems with function, but I will update if any problems. Second, after I came across this thread I started getting worried. My credit card was charged right away once you order, even when the items are out of stock. I am not a huge fan of this, but oh well. I emailed him every so often for an update on the wait and he replied everytime within a hour or two. My last email was thanking him and letting him know I received the barrel and that I would post positive feedback based on my transaction. He responded thanks and even mentioned that he has had some customer service problems in the past that he is working on fixing. Take this post how you want, but based on my interaction with him, I thought I owed him to post my experience.
View Quote

I suspect he is more ADHD than criminal mastermind-I am still sore about getting ripped off.  I stand by summary: avoid doing any business with him, and recommend the same to others.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Just a reminder that GRT is a no fly zone.  Criminals...or criminally retarded.

Stay away, and I hope they eat a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Just a friendly update and reminder that these guys are mouth breathing scammers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Your membership expired!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah.  I'll renew it soon.  I miss the BOBD photo montages with AR bolt face censor stickies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top