Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2017 9:34:27 PM EDT
Marsala got hit pretty hard by the "one over" neighbor's unlawfully unleashed dag IN OUR BACK YARD just 30min short of roosting time.  
I told everyone to quit looking for her because they're just scaring her deeper off the property and the coop is "home & safety".  
Sunset should bring her home if she isn't looking for a place to die.

She came while I was doing my "treats" call a few minutes after the other four girls hit the roost pegs.  She was coming home regardless to my calls or scratching my ass
while worrying about her.  She only has two right wing feathers and lost a ton of the soft
downy hinnie feathers.

I think that she will be fine and that the dag was just wanting to play or her chest would have been crushed along with all the injuries that would include.

I know that they are just livestock, BUTT!!! hens are like kids and have their very own personality.  Marsala, Barred Plymouth Rock, is

always mellower than Dr. Johnny Fever on nitrous oxide.

Wife is at work, Kennestone Peds ER 7pm-7am.  Ain't telling her shit till the bacon is sizzling, hash browns spitting and her glass of Merlot is poured and two
deep slugs have got into her gullet.

Thanks to those that know about a Vet.

I really just want a vet that will look her over for puncher wounds

Rules:  58yrs young

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that man.... No blood probably a very good sign. Any chance you can take the 1 over to task over the dog?

I use these guys or if you can get to them this one rocks for all my poultry needs.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry to hear that man.... No blood probably a very good sign. Any chance you can take the 1 over to task over the dog?

I use these guys or if you can get to them this one rocks for all my poultry needs.
View Quote
YOU CAN GO TO HELL.

for making me laugh out loud.
Glad the better half is at work and couldn't hear me.

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can't find a doc to take her to, go to tractor supply and get some powdered tetracycline in the pouch. It's not all that expensive, you can mix it with their drinking water for a week or 10 days, and it won't hurt the others to do a round of antibiotics too. Just follow the directions for mixing strength. Keep it in the freezer once you open it to help keep it fresh. It's good for most other kinds of animals too. I tend to keep some in my freezer at all times.

Best of luck with her! I'm a big fan of any sort of bird, and have had my share of chickens in the past. I absolutely understand the attachment one can get to those critters!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL.  I love my chickens, and wouldn't hesitate to smoke anything trying to harm them.  They keep my yard bug free and give us eggs, what more can you ask for?  OK maybe a little less poo.   Part of owning chickens is you will see them get brutally murdered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top